Torque specifications on bolts undone during coilover/spring install?

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think there is any sort of guide available for installing springs or coilovers on a SRT-10 viper, but can someone share with me what the torque specifications are on nuts and bolts that are affected during the install? Want to make sure to torque everything back to spec.

-K

OP
OP
K

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know people have installed coilovers and springs, do you guys just tighten as much as you can?

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's what I have looking through the 05 Viper Manual: A general word of warning - "just tighten as much as you can" can be cause for a lot of grief especially when dealing with aluminum parts. Wheel nuts are 90 ft-lbs. Shock absorber to clevis mount is 50 ft-lbs if removed. Upper shock mount and lower mount (clevis bracket mount) is 100 ft-lbs. On the front, the sway bar link to control arm would be 17 ft-lbs.

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The rear lower shock bolt/nuts should be torqued with the full weight of the car loading the suspension. A four post lift is perfect for this if you have access to one. Otherwise, get them as tight as you can with the car on the ground and then lift it to do the final torque.

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Something to keep in mind is that the torque value for the lower long bolt that goes through the clevis is wrong in at least the 2003 shop manual. I found this out after I snapped one........... don't remember what the correct value is however.

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Something to keep in mind is that the torque value for the lower long bolt that goes through the clevis is wrong in at least the 2003 shop manual. I found this out after I snapped one........... don't remember what the correct value is however.

My '97 shop manual also had the value incorrectly stated as 140 ft/lbs! Should be 100 ft/lbs on all the shock nuts...upper and lower, front and rear.