Toys for Tots Hot Rod gathering at Wayne's Speedshop (thank yous and pics)

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Well the show is in the books! It was absolutely incredible! (well except the part my car got hung up a bit on the wooden ramps to the grass area but I had to get the toys up there! :crazy2:)

There had to be at least 100-120 cars that showed up despite the foggy, misty weather this morning. The cars parked and lined up from Route 9 and down the block into a small strip mall! Mopars, Mustangs, Camaros and cars and trucks I've never seen before! Toys ranged from board games, action figures, model cars, stuffed animals. In fact some of us were so enthusiastic, even several bicycles had been donated! There was food, coffee and even a little auction of pinstriped artwork which raised at least $1200 in added donations! When the fog settled and the sun came out, we had four, FOUR TRUCKS FULL of toys. I would say total there was over $9000. I put our donations in the back of my friends Dodge A100 van which was one of the vehicles used to carry the toys. It was an amazing sight! I met with Brian, who hosts the event and he wanted to thank you guys for all the donations I received to get the toys. They will be doing it again next year! Several marines came out with a U-haul and filled that up too!

Thank you all that helped out! VCA members raised $510 IN TOYS!

Vipernut
AJ02
Timnineside
Ohio Viper Club Region (daytonprowler)
tbsviper

I'll be posting pics of the cars later, here's the toys!

--RS

The Divco A/C van was full before 8 AM!

You must be registered for see images attach

My friends A100 being stuffed with toys to be delivered! Ours are deep in there!

The Marines with the toys outside of the shop after we finished!

OP
OP
V

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
P.S. My friends from the Edison Light Cruisers just posted these up on Facebook. Here is Brian and one of the marines with the U-Haul truck!

You must be registered for see images

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to help Ron....sounds like a good turnout for this time of year and for a good cause. Should bring some good cheer to the children. Marines get involved here in Ohio too. God bless all of our servicemen and veterans. Let's see some hot rods! Any vipers turn out?