Track Day Homestead 08/22/2009

BennyBad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HOD is at homestead on the 22 of August and Pres. Ivan has gotton a discount for members and lunch is included.:2tu:

nothybrid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Benny, I think we got cake comming that day as well. Maybe the south florida vipers will show up and give us some company for a change....
What u think??

OP
OP
B

BennyBad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you live in the cyber world now and its your first post. i hope some other vipers will come, i try to spread the word. lets see.

VPR21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am ready and eager for my first track day with the viper. I will see you guys there.:)

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how was it? I was at Sebring that day....

It was a great day. Perfect blue skies, a few clouds, and all the asphalt you could ever wish for. We had a total of 6 Vipers show: 2 ACRs, 3 '08s or newer, and 2 '06s. Ed in the Graphite ACR was probably the fastest on the track. I was joking with him; all the Vette guys, brought tons of tires, gear etc etc, sweating it big, and here was Ed, in his fold out chair, just chillin by the side. The only hard work he did was lift his hood, and of course, lapping everyone in the advanced group.

They opened up NASCAR turns 3 & 4 for the advanced group so you basically had your pedal to the metal over half the track.

This is a World Class track, and perfect for anyone looking to learn how to drive their Viper in a perfect example of a road course, with tons of grass in case you slide a little.

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a great day. Perfect blue skies, a few clouds, and all the asphalt you could ever wish for. We had a total of 6 Vipers show: 2 ACRs, 3 '08s or newer, and 2 '06s. Ed in the Graphite ACR was probably the fastest on the track. I was joking with him; all the Vette guys, brought tons of tires, gear etc etc, sweating it big, and here was Ed, in his fold out chair, just chillin by the side. The only hard work he did was lift his hood, and of course, lapping everyone in the advanced group.

They opened up NASCAR turns 3 & 4 for the advanced group so you basically had your pedal to the metal over half the track.

This is a World Class track, and perfect for anyone looking to learn how to drive their Viper in a perfect example of a road course, with tons of grass in case you slide a little.

i would have loved to try that with the nascar turn 3-4 open. Will they be doing that setup again? how fast did you get up to after that turn? (even though you should not have been looking):nono:

OP
OP
B

BennyBad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there going back on the 12th of sept. i was doing 130ish in the banking and coming out of 4 at about 140ish and i had it to about 150 before tapping brakes for turn 1 entry at 110. you need to find out what eds speeds were(grey acr) he was the fastest at the track that day i would guess 140ish in the banking and 160ish plus in the straight and entry into turn 1 really fast dont think i evev saw break lights. it was a rush and a great change.

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there going back on the 12th of sept. i was doing 130ish in the banking and coming out of 4 at about 140ish and i had it to about 150 before tapping brakes for turn 1 entry at 110. you need to find out what eds speeds were(grey acr) he was the fastest at the track that day i would guess 140ish in the banking and 160ish plus in the straight and entry into turn 1 really fast dont think i evev saw break lights. it was a rush and a great change.

Benny's right; those numbers sound about the same when I spoke with him. But a great day overall. We have the pictures posted from that day at our website: Viper Club of America - South Florida Chapter Username: Viper Password: repiv

BTW, Ed is a former Can Am racer so don't feel bad if he made it look all to easy. There's another Viper ACR owner (light blue) who also goes to these Hooked on Driving events, and he was the fastest driver in the last event I was at in the advanced group. He told me that just in switching to an ACR from an '06 Coupe, he was able to shave something like 20 seconds at Sebring.