Track events

Roffey

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to the Viper world and would like to hone my driving skills when I get the car out next season. I own a '95 RT/10 and am interested in a beginner's course/class. Are there any club events that would fall into this category?

Just thinking it would be nice to get together with similar car owners so that I can soak up some of the knowledge of more experienced drivers. Plus receiving a small discount as a group wouldn't be bad either!

I live on the West side of the State and hear that Grattan and Gingerman are great tracks. Have not been to either one, but am looking forward to this new hobby.

Appreciate any input - Thanks!:drive:

Last edited:

ZESTY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While not offically a class MCVO does a day at Gingerman (7/22/11) where there is plenty of instruction and experienced drivers that will ride with you. We also do an autocross that offers the same type of experience. Watch for our E-mail updates and check our website at MCVO Home.

OP
OP
R

Roffey

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Jess!

After perusing the forums, I've noticed people mentioning High Performance Driving Education. Do you have any suggestions as to which school/class/course I should enroll in? Being a novice, I'd like to learn how to handle my car and feel more comfortable with it. After that, I'd like to advance my skills. It would be nice if I were able to accomplish these goals with one company or school. Also, would I need to travel out of State to a school, or do they come to the track?

Like I said, all new to this and want to be a responsible driver. Learning the skills it takes to be able to keep everything in control. I've seen too many wrecked vehicles around and do not wish to fall into that category!:nono:

Again, appreciate your input!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Bravo for deciding to "Upgrade Your Software" {between your ears.}

Vipers can be a handful, even for those who have owned high-HP cars before. And of all Vipers, Gen One is probably the biggest handful.

Important Hint: You can learn a huge amount of baseline driving skills, by driving a school car OTHER than a Viper. DO take a school that uses rear wheel dive cars, like Mustangs, Camaros, Vettes, etc..... But ANY bona-fide school will improve the skills you need to handle the Viper better.

As your area enters Winter, you likley have to fly South and/or West...... I think The SoFL VCA has a Sebring event very soon. Maybe RENT a Mustang and go take one of their HPDEs?

GOOD LUCK, and STAY SAFE....

Viper Mind

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Roffey,

I suggest you also look at the SRT Track Experience. Here is a link to the web site:

DriveSRT - SRT Track Experience - Overview

It is a great starting point to get plenty of hands on experience in really fast SRT cars.
There are events all over the country too, so check out the web site for more info.

Take care,
Zach

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R