track rubber on side sills

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spent the weekend running on the track doing road course and then drag. Ended up with a ton of track rubber on the side sills. I tried dryer sheet with generally farily good results, but I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions. I wasn't ecstatic with the idea of basically scrubbing my sidesills with the dryer sheets.

Any suggestions?

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it were me I would try some Simple Green or that Castrol purple stuff with a couple of microfiber towels.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just use Maguires pre wax cleaner with an orbital or by hand.The rubber comes off easy.Don't forget to then wax it

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I use black streak remover by Camco. This product was designed to clean motor homes that sit outside for extended periods of time. Very effective and available at WalMart in the RV / Automotive area.

Spray it on after washing and drying the area, let it sit for about 20 - 30 seconds, wipe off the rubber marks.

Dan:usa:

DavidSB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any autobody pre-paint prep solvent will work wonders, with no scrubbing. One brand is "PrepSol" another is "SEM SOLVE". I keep a can around the garage to remove tar, bugs, sap, etc without having to rub on the surface.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper