transmission fluid... what part number?

viper04blk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going to change my tranny fluid... I want to use the dodge oem stuff as I change my fluids on my vehicles every year. BUT all the dealerships have no information in the computer for any fluids for cars older then 2006 (I have an 04).

Can someone tell me what it is I am buying at the dealerhship? Does it have a part number? Anyone have a link to a picture of the stuff?

thanks

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I believe it is actually Castrol SynTorq as I understand it. However, that doesn't really help much as it's equally difficult to find it in its native bottle. I thought I had heard a rumor they discontinued it, but I'll wait for someone else to confirm that. Worst case you could probably get by with what the newer cars use. I believe they were still using the same T56 in 2006, so if the dealership has a listing for that I would think you'd be okay. I know they switched to the TR6060 for gen 4, but that's essentially just a beefed up T56, so it may use the same oil.

SANCHOBA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
in my 04' RAM SRT-10 i changed the thick viscous oem stuff with Mobil 1 ATF (which is what tremec recommends by the way) and shifts were much smoother

OP
OP
V

viper04blk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hhhmmmmm

perhaps someone wants to suggest an amsoil product to use?

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
If you go "factory fill"...do not let the parts person give you the Crossfire axle lube which also says "75 W-85" on the label.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
If you are asking me, sorry...but I have no first hand experience with their product line. Other posters can assist. Whatever you use, make sure that it is GL-4 and not GL-5 !!!