Trotwood, OH photo enforcement speed trap

Billy Coons

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I open up my mailbox here in VA Beach, VA yesterday and see a letter from the Trotwood, OH Police Department. I think to myself, hmmm, this town sounds familiar... :hmmm:

Open up the letter and find that this familiar town nabbed me doing 66 in 50 at the State Road 49 and Wolf Creek Pike intersection via a photo enforcement speed trap while I was visiting for business in my Toyota Yaris 2 weeks ago. :curse: :rant: :brick: :evilmad: :aargh:

It's supposedly a civil infraction only and no points or entries are made on my driving record. So my question is, what happens if I blow off the $85 driving fine? Would they put out a warrant locally, country wide or even at all? Anyone know if VA recognizes the offense? :dunno: Or should I just pay the fine with a smile?

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to OH Billy.

I got nailed for 85 in a 65 a few weeks ago. On was on the decel side of the run so actually got lucky (I guess). $150.

RE: your situation, not sure what would happen if you didn't pay it. Honestly, for $85 I'd pay it and forget about it. Would really **** to have this grow to a bigger problem years from now and creep up on you when you are least expecting it. My $.02

Viperchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wish I would have saw this before.....actually it's a money making scam. Cities use it to fund road repairs etc. Most people get scared and mail them in, that's why they do it. I was told by my attorney that it is state law that an officer must present you with a ticket in person...so they are TOTAL BS. Throw them away. They are trying to get these removed all together. Sorry about your luck man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper