Trouble getting into gear sometimes

GATOR SERPENT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have a 94 RT and had all the fluids changed about 3 months ago. 25,000 miles on the pup. For some reason, sometimes, even when warmed up, I have trouble shifting to 3rd especially. Sometimes it seems ok. I have thought maybe it is me, but I do not recall this happening before they changed the fluids, including tranny fluid and differential fluid, at the dealer. Sometimes the car kicks out of 2nd gear when I come around a turn and start letting the clutch out and giving gas. Puzzled. I asked the tech when I was in last time and they did not seem to think or see a problem. Just don't want to screw up the tranny. Thanks

OP
OP
G

GATOR SERPENT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John, Thanks for the input. I trust your opinion and I will go in and have done what you suggested and report back.

I felt kind of stupid asking the question. I appreciate the kind words from you. I am still looking at getting the VMania Top and Windows if you are still going to distribute. Probably in a couple of months.

Last question. Is this an urgent type of thing or can it wait a little bit? Will it take them long to do? Thanks John. As Always. You are usually right

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the same problem. When I am out on a casual drive, going to 3rd is fine. Speed shifting however is impossible. I thought it was just a characteristic of the car.

Tim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Performin Norman:
I have the same problem. When I am out on a casual drive, going to 3rd is fine. Speed shifting however is impossible. I thought it was just a characteristic of the car.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My 94 with the same mileage and identical characteristics had the tranny changed on warranty. Trannys don't just pop out of gear. Our best guess is worn syncros. New tranny, no problem.

RoyV101621

Enthusiast
Reaction score
'94 Popping out of gear sounds familiar. Likely a bent shift fork moving the gear cluster just short of the proper position. Newer trans will have revised shift fork because it is a know weakness.

Reaction score
Mine does that I have a 2001 GTS. . . I dont know about having your engine yanked and check your motor mounts . . .THat will probably cause MORE problems. After all its a dodge. I just double clutch and it goes in...

tongue.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21