TT teaser pics

davem

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys,
Wanted to give you guys an early heads up as to why I've been so scarce lately. This is what has been taking up so much of my time. Built motor, big turbos, etc... Started it up for the first time this weekend, sounds pretty mean. Almost done!
-Dave

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

TopGear

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can see how that would eat up most of your free time. Good luck on the rest of the build Dave. Interesting seeing version 2 of your turbo setup.

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Dave
One question, does it fly. That is so cool. Your car was so fun to watch at autocross, I can only imagine what it is like at the track. Hope to see you soon.
RICK

OP
OP
D

davem

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. The turbos are precision turbo 74mm - they have a little better transient response than 76's, but according to precision produce the same peak HP until over 30psi, where 76's keep going. I'm not going to run that much boost, so I think they are a nice compromise. I'm thinking somewhere around 1300whp for now. It's been a lot of work. Getting the headers and downpipes to fit without melting everything in sight has not been easy.

Still gonna autocross it.

best,
Dave.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see YOUR dyno #'s~~~man, will your ASP LEAP!!! ~juli
(Say that 3x fast...LOL...asp leap, asp leap, asp leap!)

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah interested to see where it is at now. I would like to see more specs of the build. Hopefully the build is/did go good. Dave?

XTREMDRM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great set up, Dave. Man did the Modifcation Bug bite you.
Great to hear from you and hope to see ya soon. FYI... I will be driving a different colored car. Sadly, the Bumblebee has been put to rest.

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Dave
You need to get the Viper ready for Dyno day on May 9th. I'll have Pro Tree Performance have extra straps on hand.
RICK

Jerry Colpitts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just so you guys know whats going on with dave's car......It will be auctioned off this saturday....:omg:

Barrett-Jackson Lot Details

Barrett-Jackson Lot: 644 - 1996 DODGE VIPER GTS TWIN-TURBO COUPE

You must be registered for see images

Lot Number: 644

Add to Favorites

Email to a Friend

Send to Mobile Device

Open in New Window

Stumble Upon

Auction: PALM BEACH 2009 Sale Price:
Year: 1996 Make: DODGE Model: VIPER GTS Style: TWIN-TURBO COUPE Exterior Color: BLUE/WHITE STRIPES Interior Color: BLACK Cylnders: V10 Engine Size: 8.0L Transmission: 6-SPEED MANUAL Summary: An approx. 1300hp Twin-Turbo Viper with a top-mount Turbo design, huge front mount inter-cooler and all the supporting mods including Aeromotive fuel system, spec twin disc clutch, roll cage, upgraded transmission and Unitrax rear end with hardened gears. Details: An approximately 1300hp Twin-Turbo Viper with a top-mount Turbo design, huge front mount inter-cooler and all the supporting mods including Aeromotive fuel system, spec twin disc clutch, roll cage, upgraded transmission and Unitrax rear end with hardened gears. Powered by a SVS-built Turbo motor with CNC ported heads and upgraded rotating assembly including upgraded main bearing caps. Also has a chrome Gen 3 intake manifold, blue powdercoated valve covers and Turbo compressor housings, carbon fiber charge tube, precision Turbo 74mm Turbos, Tial wastegates and blow-off valves, 96lb/hr Fuel Injectors with AEM peak and hold injector drivers and ROE Racing Vec 2/3. Also has braided stainless fuel and oil lines, a functional carbon fiber front splitter, functional rear wing with adjustable carbon fiber Gurney flap, Aldan Eagle adjustable coilovers and rigid mounted Unitrax rear diff with hardened gears, solid motor mount and custom mid engine plate, custom chromed aluminum strut brace, custom fascia opening for front mount intercooler with additional radiator/oil coolers in side pods. Presented with a blue and white ghost flame paint job on the hood and doors. A very fast car.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow that car is clean with tons of mods. That is one Bad A$$ viper. I just dont know about the custom flames. Maybe they would grow on me. :dunno: None the less very very sweet.

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In person the flames look good. I liked them at least.

The wing is a custom piece as well.

The ride is another whole story... You do want to buckle up, trust me. This beast can fly...

BTW, this could hit the block Thursday or Friday. Depends on how fast they move through cars.

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I have ridden in that car a couple of times... Even moved it in the lot of F1 Dyno, fastest car I have never driven fast! Dave and his guys did a lot of cool things with that car, it was quite a test bed for new products. I was so/so on the flames, I have never really been a flame guy though so.....

Nick

Jerry Colpitts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes it sold for 50K Plus 10% buyers premium 55K.....Vipers have never done well on Barrett Jackson......After seller's 8% cut he probably got about 46K.....Who ever bought it got a deal of a lifetime.....:2tu: