Two Roe Superchargers, a Macedo M2 engine and a hell of race.

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Well, Cudaman was gonna find me sooner or later. We went at it today, me with my stock 2001 engine with a Roe Supercharger, catback and roller rockers and Cudaman with his Macedo Motorsports "Hot Rod Motor" built specifically for the Roe Super Charger with enhanced boost. On the way to the track we ended up at a stop light, I think the 68 Camaro behind us was quite surprized when we left four strips of rubber behind us for 500-700 feet thru third gear. Unfortunately for me once we got into 3rd gear the Macedo Motor took over and Cudaman gave me his tail lights. Once at the track we opted for the "no time slip lane" as we felt we might be ejected for not having our roll-bars in place. They will be in place for the next round. I found that my stocker could holeshot the Hot Rod motor pretty well (Cudaman's Michelins didn't seem to like 700 + foot pounds of torque,) again the problem was once we were both well into boost Cudaman would pull away from away. I am sure we were both deep into the 11s on Michelin tires. I took Cudaman on the second run, as we think he fell asleep and only awoke when his helmet hit the window. As the day went on I risked running once or twice in the timed lanes, however the track was pretty loose and I had to step out of it once into 3rd gear. I had a 7.6 1/8 mile, but only 11.8 at 121 mph in the 1/4 mile again because I had to back off in third. If the rear feels light lift off, its better to save the Viper's fenders and your life. These Roe Super Chargers are great, they make torque and then they make torque, my cream puff leaves the line like a patriot missle, once I have my new drage radials on I'm gonna take another shot at Cudaman, I'll have to tell his wife to hide the Micky Thompson when he gets them.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Two Roe Superchargers, a Macedo M2 engine and a hell of race.

Everyone @ the drag strip in Orlando thought they were seeing double..... Fuelman's Viper and my Viper are both Sapphire with silver strips. The only differances are my is a R/T 10 (with silver flames strips) and Fuelman's is a GTS. Before we ran, we had our hoods up....both motors look idential with Roe superchagers.Someone who looked at both our Vipers side by side commited " do the Vipers come stock now with superchargers" I thought for a second and said "no just the Macedo M2 cars do.
Saterday Larry Macedo and my self meet Sean Roe In Edgewater , Fl. to do final tune which was a Dyno tune. Edgewater is a very small north Florida town right off of I95. I pull into town and the first things I see is a police on side of road keeping a close eye on me as I drive my Viper thru town. My Viper is very loud (Bellinger headers and Bellinger cat back), so I run car in stealth mode .....no rpms just about a little over idle thru the gears. I drive by and every thing appears to be ok so I proceed to Dyno shop. I find dyno and we are sitting there letting car cool down and who appears but Mr.policeman driving very slowly along road in front of dyno. He passes shop and stops , then backs up and drives in shop parking lot. By now all sorts of thought are going thru my head. He parks gets out of cruiser heading my way with his hand on top of his pistol, I am thinking this does not look good. He walk past me with still on top of his pistol heading for my Viper. This is now feeling like something out of a bad movie, he stops and turns around and says " do you mind if I look at Her (Viper).I am at this point kind of speechless, so I say "yes just as long as you do not shoot her. He looks the car over, we small talk the who's and why's of why I am in his town. I expain to him about the dyno tune, he says "I will be back" I want to find out numbers. Strong numbers right at 700 hrp and 700 torque at rear wheels in over 90 degree wheather with rear gear change. Sean is going to do some computer changing and minor program change and I will go back to m2 motorsports for the computer install and she will be complete.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I will be looking for you Fuelman. I have gotten a full nites rest.... no more sleeping at tree in stagging area. I visted John Prunner and have my skinnies and slicks and they are locked away from the wife and she has agreed not to tell you were I hid them.
I have fully completed the break in by the time I got home. When I arrived there I had one of my two sons anixiosly awaiting (Jesse 10), so he went for his own review of the motor rebuild. I got 2 thumbs up, after leaving tons of rubber all over Bradenton
Cudaman :usa:

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<font color="blue"> </font> (I am Jesse, Ward's 10 year old son)I had missed the viper while she (viper) was in larry macedo's (sp)shop.But after getting the car back i was amazed by how the car pulls so much harder! I can't wait to see it run at the track with the skinnies and slicks on!

Jesse Reasoner :usa:

VIPERCANE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Way to go John and Ward. Ward, I called Larry on Saturday when I was at the car show and he told me about your "conservative" #s on the dyno........I am anxiously waiting to see what it will do after the break in period Larry mentioned. I am sure you will be pleased. Now, that got me thinking, and I am pretty sure Larry will be working on my car real soon with a similar enhancement. Love your car.

OP
OP
fuelman

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

Ok Ward, if you are gonna use the sticky tires then you will need to pop off one or two spark plug wires. I'm sure the engine will run fine anyway. I have the video already from the track yesterday. The sight of the two vipers going into light speed is great, much better on the big screen. After using the Macedo installed line lock on my LS1 car yesterday, I am definitely going to have him install one on my Viper. I never knew how great a line lock is until I used one, too bad my clutch did not hold up, but I guess it is not a Dodge.

motor602

Enthusiast
Reaction score

you guys need to get some videos of your next run. seriously, its imperative that you do.

OP
OP
fuelman

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

Actually we have video, I don't know how to load it onto the internet, but I'm working on it. Any comments on how to would be usefull.

viperct2001

Viper Owner
Reaction score

cudaman,
What are your mods to your Viper? Your sig doesn't list the Macedo Motorsports modifications. (and any other you have done to get 700HP)

Curious minds want to know.