TWS PDS Jan 15-16 Who's going

B & R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Folks:

Looks to be some small run groups this weekend at TWS. We will be running CCW and at least blue only has about 12 cars, yellow only 5. Anybody besides Mike, Karin, Beth and me going?

Yeah, it looks like that cold front will be backing up sometime over the weekend, but we could get lucky and have it happen overnight. Temps look doable with lows in the 50's and highs in the 60's. Come on up!

Richard

OP
OP
B

B & R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gang:

What an intersting time the Sewells and Gerdts had in the rain at TWS. Intense is probably an understatement but you can learn a ton about the handling dynamics of your car in this environment. The run groups were very small so no crowding anywhere on the course which was good. The PS2's did a great job but the sessions seem to go by in slow motion when you got loose. All of us went off course at least once and we have a lot of mud to clean up but no damage, and yes there are windshield wipers on the Viper that do work quite well. Mike got the award for being the only one needing a tow to get back on the track. Karin threw mud places we didn't know could be reached that way. I scared myself after going over the bump between 3 and 4, I eased into the accelerator and the rear hit two small bumps and stepped to the left and I found myself flying backward toward the opposite bank oval retaining wall at 50+ miles an hour. Both feet in and looking at that fast approching wall in the rearview mirror. When you slide off the wet pavement into wet grass the car even though it is sliding feels like it accelerates due to the lower coefficient of friction. Luckily rolled onto the track in front of the bulkhead, got the car sideways and it stopped. Heart level was elevated to say the least. Kudos to the folks running the Performance Driving School at TWS in wet conditions. Really couldn't use anything but 4th gear, the extra torque was not your friend in the wet. Was going strait down the back strait in 3rd in the first session at 50 MPH eased into the accelerator and smoked the tires, decided 4th was my friend.

Richard

Richard

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss