Uhoh, VOI SRT Info

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got my VOI registration materials today, and the cover letter says (I quote):
"we were originally anticipating a larger number of 2003s at the event, we will still have several available for test drives...our current plan is to allow attendees to enter their name into a drawing for a chance to drive the Viper SRT-10. We will randomly select names to participate. Additional details... will be made available when you register on-site."

I want to go on record as saying that if this does not take into account the patient few of us who plunked down cash for one, who have never seen one, who have never driven one, to be completely random will truly ****.

I hate to be a whiner here, but I have horrific luck (which is likely why I won't get a car until July 03) as anyone can likely attest to at our meetings. If I don't get to drive one, as a buyer, and someone who hasn't bought one does, all for the sake of being random, I will be royally pissed.

Maybe I'm not reading this right, or there is some hidden "people who bought one" deal, so I apologize in advance if I'm incorrect. I just want to get expectations out right now, that there might be some ********** 03 owners if a bunch of the people who sit here and say the thing *****, get to drive one, while those of use who like it enough to buy one (sight unseen), get to watch em run around the track.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
After a quick phonecall with Viper HQ. Here's the deal:

There will be a number of SRT's available at VOI, and it has always been Viper HQ's intention to get as many attendees in the drivers seat as possible.

Considering the demand for seat time, Viper HQ felt it best to create a method that would allow participants not to be in a "Disney-like" line, waiting for their turn.

This "drawing" method will help eliminate lost event time as you wait in a "never ending line" for SRT laps.

This is a "work in progress" and Viper HQ is working diligently with DODGE to make sure we have as many SRTs as possible at the event, as they know how everyone is interested in participating in a test drive.

As far as buyers getting "first crack" at the SRT's...

I think the philosophy being used is that EVERYONE at VOI should have an equal opportunity to have seat time, as we are all one Viper Nation.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully everyone will get a drive.....why should the 2003 buyers get to drive.....they already have your commitment!!

JUST KIDDING Nsane1, I don't have one on order but if I did I would be highly upset if I only got to watch others drive. They should be kissing your butt and asking what else they could do for you.

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope Dodge STRONGLY considers those that have supported the SRT by ORDERING one, and that THEY are given first crack at driving them at VOI.

We were first told that everyone attending VOI would get a drive. That was the main reason I signed up. Now, those that have been bad-mouthing the SRT or haven't bought one will be on equal footing with those that have.

I disagree with the "we are one Viper Nation" analogy, as this didn't apply to those who are presidents or other worthy few, who appear to be getting in line for their delivery before us more unworthy grunts.

Dodge probably knows how many cars will be there, plus how many could possibly drive them in the time allowed. Fill up those slots first with BUYERS (we know who they are -- they have a cert #), then give chances to the remaining VOI attendees.

I have absolutely NOTHING against presidents, etc., getting their cars first. Just seems that it is now time for a little "fair play" for the remaining BUYERS.

PS: They could also fill up the passenger seats, if not picked to drive. Also, I think those that have already driven the SRT should "step out of line" and give the rest of us a better chance.

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>AH-HA! Now the mastery of my true plan is unveiled!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You sound just like "Butters" from South Park!

MiamiJeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As someone who ordered an SRT, I'd sure expect to have a bit of priority to drive one.

For whining or crying purposes, "Remember, Towelie says bring your own towel," (South Park-ism)
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
N

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To continue the towlie thread "hey, you wanna get high?".

Thanks for the post Joe, I appreciate the insight.

But I really have to renew my objection to the "one viper nation" comment.

Every single time I come to this board, I read a new post by someone (you know who you are) about how the 03 *****/used to ****/after redesign still *****, etc. etc.

I would think it a travesty if these people got to take a drive, cause they are curious, and need to have "evidence" to bash the car, while someone like Brunton, whose always been an ARDENT supporter of the car (and someone who has ordered one) just sits back and watches. How does "one viper nation" have anything to do with what's right, if we WERE one viper nation, then should I have to read everyday that I have poor taste in cars, but thats another deal altogether.

Hopefully you are right, and everyone will get a crack, so I'm just making noise for no reason, but, it is much less than the noise I would make if I just got to watch others go around the track in a car I have purchased and supported sight unseen.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually I think those of us who couldn't order one should get to drive first, because we'll be the ones who will not be able to drive a purchased one for the longest time. Those of you who have ordered will get yours anywhere within a month to 6 months after, and get to drive it. Others like myself who couldn't order will not have an opportunity to drive other than at VOI7 for a lot longer stretch of time. This would at least be a test drive for us to see if we want to buy it, you've already committed, no need for Dodge to work on selling it to you.

Further, this would give a little something to owners such as myself, in comparison to the big benefit that certificate-qualified owners got - I get a quick drive, you get to save thousands of dollars, seems fair to me
sarcblink.gif
But no, those of you with orders want it all, the first option to buy and at a cheap rate, the first drives, etc. So feel free to argue that other owners such as myself should be able to be screwed out of the one short driving opportunity we might have.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, and one of my big reasons for attending was for an opportunity to drive the new viper, so I have some grave concerns about the lack of driving opportunities for everyone as well.

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I liked the suggestion someone posted where the people that purchased one are first to drive and the people that have not ordered can sit in the passenger seat on each ride. Once everyone that purchased one has driven one the remaining people can take their turn. This way at a minimum everyone gets a ride in one.

We weren't the ones that came up with the program on how the cars were to be purchased. I'm not sure why so many people are down on those that put up the money and ordered one. Even though many have placed a deposit on a 2003, they may still want to drive it to see if they want to keep it or turn it to someone that may want them more. Some of us may not see the cars we ordered for more than 9 months.

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I keep going back to the hype presented many months back saying, "there will be a suprise for those attending VOI AND buying an SRT". We all made guesses at what it was. That was a big reason for me going in addition to the chance of driving the car I was buying. I just had to know what that was all about.

Well, that bait seems to have been ditched for us "attenders/buyers". Now --- no suprise, maybe no drive.

And, the more I think about it, the more it gets under my skin about preferences (first in line for an SRT) given to those "who do all the work". If this Viper Nation is a "family", would the father or mother of a family put themselves first over their children? I don't think so! It's now plain to me (I've changed my mind) that those receiving preferences are doing this at the expense of those that "don't give blood, sweet, and tears". Fine, if that's the way they want to act, go for it. Power corrupts, and we're seeing it here. What good is power if you don't abuse it, right!?

Bottom Line:
1. Those that are buying the car should get first crack at VOI driving. What happened to that suprise?
2. Preferences based on position stink (except the VOI driving, which is OK
supergrin.gif
).

PS: I love Dodge and what they have done for us as a whole, but some of these recent happenings just don't sit well with me.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dancojax:
JUST QUIT THE ********.
If they bring the whole 2 months worth of production to let all of you whiners drive, it would take 2 months longer to get our new ones delivered -- unless you want to accept one that the "attendees" have pounded during VOI.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the best suggestion I've heard! Bring the 1st couple months of production so we all get to drive, it'll just mean some of the 1st delivered cars will have been "broken in", consider it an added service to those who are buying garage queens
wink.gif

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess this thread and the other one about delivery order just goes to prove there are some folks that will never be happy.

I do agree that those who have orders should be first in line to drive the new cars. I suspect it may be a logistical issue to try to schedule NOT that anyone is trying to make sure anyone gets preferential treatment. Viper HQ will work very hard to see that everyone gets a chance to drive the car. Sometimes... the best laid plans...

Can we not turn everything into some sort of freakin' conspiracy? No one is out to get you or take advantage of those great people who have shown their support by buying a 2003... Large events are difficult to plan and there are always last minute adjustments.

And I wonder why we didn't get a lot of volunteers to run for offices in our last elections... With all these perks?

snowmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't order a SRT, but I think it is fair that those that put up the money for one should get a test drive. I think it is nice of Dodge to think of everyone, but really I think the people that pay the big bucks for one of those bad boys should get a "treat". If I can ride shotgun that would be fine with me (or watching would be cool too).
cool.gif

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My feeling is that if you 've bought a new Viper (3), If you still own it or them and you have ordered a SRT despite the
negative rantings of others. Your loyalty is above reproach.

Future new SRT owners should be considered first to get a drive,
not a ride.

I am all for raffling remaining spots to others if need be and
giving a ride to others during drives.

I know everyone that wants one may not have gotten a chance,but
the fact remains that those who did order one should be allowed
to test what we have bought.

I also feel that everyone is going to get a ride when Dodge sees
the error they have made.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope DC will give preference to folks that bought the SRT. I can see the point some are making that the SRT buyers were given a gift in being allowed to buy an SRT, and that we shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.

However, bear in mind that it's a BIG leap of faith to lay down anywhere from a $500 to $5,000 deposit (which may be non-refundable) for a car that you don't know the price of, you haven't seen pictures of (not what you'll be getting anyways, or the color you'll get), and you don't know the performance stats of. That's a big leap of faith for anyone, even the most loyal DC supporter.

I really hope DC realizes this. Having the first year of SRTs sold out is very good for DC, IMO... the magazines can all say "all new Vipers are sold out for over a year to past owners". What a great PR line!

I hope DC will give SRT buyers a break at VOI and make sure they can drive the car.

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2003 buyers should be guaranteed a drive in the new car.PERIOD.
When mine comes in, I will be GLAD to give rides to those unfortunate enough not to be able to purchase one, but our continued loyalty for buying NEW Vipers (this will be my FOURTH NEW VIPER)should be rewarded. I do think though that some are jumping the gun and DC will handle this correctly I hope. I just wanted to give my input. Driving the new car is only part of the experience of VOI. My past experiences with VOI has been incredible and doubt this one will disappoint.

dancojax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JUST QUIT THE ********.
If they bring the whole 2 months worth of production to let all of you whiners drive, it would take 2 months longer to get our new ones delivered -- unless you want to accept one that the "attendees" have pounded during VOI.