UK USA drag racing fun.

Scott J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nadine:

Nice pictures. Some one had recently asked if there are many drag strips in Europe and I offered that I cannot speak for Great Britain and Scandinavia, but there are a few good tracks in Central Europe.

The jet powered truck is too funny!

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool Pictures!
**** , that truck taking off the line is to funny.
So what did the Jet powered truck wind up running? Looks kind of heavy and cumbersome.

Joel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was an excellent day all round, with a really good turnout, and remained dry all of Sunday. Our best time in "Skunk" was a 12.6, which we were fairly pleased with, traction as always being the problem, together with lack of practice at reacting to the tree. Next time we will do better
smile.gif
The truck was really just a crowd pleaser, with huge noise and smoke but not much actual speed. The fastest time of the day was around the mid 7's, with a terminal of about 190mph.
We also had Paul there with his GTS and Neil with his RT/10. They didn't have a go at the track, but I think they might be tempted the next time
BURNOUT.gif

Joel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Ryan
Think the speed was around 112, 113mph, don't have the slips to hand, but it was thereabouts.

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have two good drag raceways in the UK, and last weekend was an American run-what-you-brung event. They must have heard the UK VCA region were going, and it's somewhat of a joke over here to those who know no better, about Vipers having truck engines! So look what they found us to race, a jet powered truck!!

Jettruck.jpg

jettruck.jpg

Here's a couple of pics of Joel and myself, with his coupe which we both raced, and really enjoyed ourselves.

Joelhaircutavon.jpg

Nadavonpark.jpg

The quarter mile is at an old airfield, here's Neils roadster and Joels coupe.

Avonparkbomber.jpg

Vipersbomers.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave