Understanding positionwhy

Discussion in 'Sneaky Pete's Place' started by newredrt10, Feb 10, 2016.

1. newredrt10

newredrt10 VCA Member - Great Lakes

Well here goes

Why talk about Internet question-------members contact me about why when they enter Viper club of America they end up at a VOA sight.

Why keep talking about VOA----------we keep getting responses like this below:

Date: January 29, 2016 at 8:39:02 AM EST
    Subject: Viper Owners - Warning About Membership Scam Email

-Your Local Club is NOT AFFILIATED WITH THE VCA or viperclub dot org - Please do not be mislead by their communications

Dear Viper Owners, Members, Friends,

As a club, we have not messaged you much over the last few years about the division that occurred at the national level because we have moved on. Last night, The Viper Club of America sent an email that is so misleading, it would be irresponsible for us not to say something. The subject heading is " VIPER CLUB OF AMERICA 2016 MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL" - This email is a scam.

Viperclub dot org, the sender of last night's email, is the VCA - an organization that WAS our national affiliation until 2013. The senders of that email used as many phrases as possible to make you think that they are currently your Viper club. Let's be clear - they are NOT Your Club. Sending them any money for membership dues will NOT make you a member of the New York / Connecticut Club. As we understand it, the VCA is financially desperate, so emails requesting your money will likely continue. Please do not let them trick you into joining a club that doesn't exist.

Your NY/CT Viper Club has not changed in over 20 years, but the ways to contact us have evolved. Please update your Viper-related links:
    Local club website: www.nyct-viperclub.com and/or www.nyctvoa.org
    Discussion forum: http://driveviper.com/forums/forums/41-NY-CT - Check out what we've been up to since 2014
    Membership: https://driveviper.com/join/
    email your club president - [email protected]
    Our National affiliation since 2014 is the Viper Owners Association (driveviper.com) and they may occasionally email you on our behalf.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email or call anytime! We want to clear up any confusion in this area for the good of all Viper owners past, present and future.

Thank you all, and hope to see you in the spring,

Ed Massena,
    President, NY/CT Viper Club and Owners Association
    [email protected]
    (585) 748-6054

I would love to forget the VOA but I can't. There is one thing good about the above responses we always get a membership jump when they occur. But there is a major negative problem, it a loss of Viper owners when ever they see this. I also ask why it can't stop. We here to stay!!! Get over it.

2. Sam Goldfarb

Sam Goldfarb Viper Owner

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  3. broomrider

broomrider VCA Member - Gulf States

Sam, I like your style and harrumph :D

4. AZTVR

AZTVR Enthusiast