Urgent Help Needed In Oh

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Currently running the Cannonball One Lap of America in my 06 supercharged coupe. Car has had an intermittant problem over the road with what seems like a miss. Has also done it at least once on the track. Problem is most noticable on the road when we hit a bump. After market shift light sometimes light and tach sometimes jumps a couple of 1000. Real time data from OBD II confirms that the PCM is also seeing the artificial spike.

A few miles ago, car through a P1391 code. Intermittant loss of either Cam sensor pulse or Crank sensor pulse. Given symptoms which do you think it is? I'm hoping its the Crank Sensor since this is easier to get to. The Cam Sensor is behind the blower brackets. Does anyone know if these parts are Viper specific?

We will be (hopefully) near Mid Ohio Sportscar Track tomorrow. Track is in Lexington, OH. Our hotel for tonight is in Bellville, OH. If anyone knows a good Viper tech or even a good Dodge Service department please call me on 1-917-733-4555.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Using a high curb for the passenger side tires I changed a crank sensor in about 10 min. Try disconnect and reconneting the connector for the cam sensor. Good luck.

Ted

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
close may be relative,

I have used the techs at Fred Martin in Medina OH and the Dodge dealer in Kent OH.

The one in Medina is N. on rt-71 and E. on rt. 224 about an hour. Kent is about 2.5 hours N. up rt. 71 and E. on rt-76

I would think there would be a tech in Columbus which is about an hour South on rt. 71

Good luck.....

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I found you on the Cannonball One Lap website:

[media]http://www.onelapofamerica.com/history/2010/entrantPhotos/2924.jpg[/media]

Sponsor - Make A Wish.

Good luck! Looks like you could use someone to deliver/install the part even. Too far for me though.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My viper was down at MO also...couldn't find a viper tech in the area...but Tom Sessions and Steve-Indy helped me over the ph.

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called and talked to gbatejan about a half an hour ago and told him to call Spitzer Dodge in Mansfield and I gave him Tom Sessions phone #. Hopefully he can get back out on the road.

OP
OP
V

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's an update. We made it to Bellville. Given time zone differences I thought I would try JonB at Parts Rack for any insights he might have. He suggested I call Dan Cragin at DC Performance. Dan told me that in his experience my problem most likely is related to the Paxton Timing Control box or the wiring between it and the factory PCM.

In a gas station parking lot I looked at the wiring connections and the PCM connector. I was looking for loose or broken wires. They definitely need to be cleaned up some but when I pushed on the C1 (I think it is C1) connector to the PCM - I heard a click. The connector did not seem to be seated properly. I'm hoping that this was the fix. Didn't have time to test it tonight as I need to hit the sack before tomorrow's event. I'll post up what I learn. Thanks everyone for your support.