use of emergency door release on 01 rt10 ?

mhill1950

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have read my manual and still do not understand the purpose oe use of the emergency door releases on my 01 rt10 . can any of you explain .I did not want to try them with out knowing .
thanks

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In case of electrical failure on your car, how do you intend to open your doors? Mechanically. The emergency door release are mechanical door releases. Don't worry, if you pull them, the ejector seat won't go off. Gotta twist the cigarette light counter clockwise for that.

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In case of electrical failure on your car, how do you intend to open your doors? Mechanically. The emergency door release are mechanical door releases. Don't worry, if you pull them, the ejector seat won't go off. Gotta twist the cigarette light counter clockwise for that.

Toooo funny:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i use mine all the time, i think it is kinda cool - like having a gen 1 :2tu:

and don't listen to KNG SNKE ......:eater:

......it is really clockwise :D

Olddudesrule

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My positive battery cable came loose after I had stopped for gas just after purchasing the car (the prior owner had just replaced the old battery, and failed to properly tighten the terminal). I closed the door to leave, windows rolled up, and no juice! The doors were locked, I was 600 miles from home, and my wife had just drove away :omg:. I was new to Vipers, so I started looking around, trying to figure out how to get the hell out of my car (not to mention out of the gas station). After a few seconds of looking around, low and behold, a little tab marked "emergency release". I loved that little pull tab!

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also very important when a wire breaks in the harness that goes through the driver's side door jamb, and your outside door release no longer works, and you are outside the car, and 700 miles from home !

You open the rear hatch and nonchalantly reach through and open the drivers's door without letting on that your beautiful exotic car crapped on you.

OP
OP
M

mhill1950

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thank you all for the answers. I knew I was going to take a couple of hits asking that,but I would rather ask before I put my grubby lil hands on it . I actually had to gain entrance today thru the rear glass . my battery was dead and the remote would not open it . LOL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets