Used 2016 Price

Floored99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,
I have been looking around in this forum and it seems that you all have a great community. I had a boyhood fascination with the Viper and now find myself in the position to acquire a used 2016 with under 5000 miles for low $90k; it is a bone stock SRT with the HK sound system. From the discussions I have seen, this may be a bit of a high price, but the caveat is that I am in Northern California and everything tends to be higher priced here. I am coming from a 2015 Stingray which I bought new last year. Like I said, I have admired the cars that you have and enjoy and am strongly considering it, but I would be very grateful for any wisdom or knowledge that you can provide.

Thank you in advance.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope the car checks out. You could always negotiate the purchase price a bit.

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Negotiate always, if they don't want to at least you made that effort. My advice on this is always the same. Find the car you can't stop thinking about and go for it.

pitdad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipers are amazing. You'll get a lot of enjoyment from it. That said....

Not sure what model you're looking at, but that seems very expensive for a used base GT, no matter where you live.

From the Dodge website: 2017 Viper MSRP: From $87,895.

There are two new 2016's on a showroom floor near me with MSRP's of $94K. I guarantee they can be bought for less than $90K.

I'm sure I'll get kicked in the teeth for putting this out there, but you should be making an offer in the high $70's for a used GT and definitely not more than $80K. Look at NADA or KBB. Look at some of the cars selling on Ebay.

Go on a road trip if you need to. You'll save enough to make it worth the trip and have a fun drive home.

Not sure what you're doing with your one-year-old Vette, but if selling, I'm afraid that you'll find out what the Viper seller you're working with is going to find out.... selling any car after one year will result in a beating of biblical proportion.

Good luck.

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Vipers are amazing. You'll get a lot of enjoyment from it. That said....Not sure what model you're looking at, but that seems very expensive for a used base GT, no matter where you live.From the Dodge website: 2017 Viper MSRP: From $87,895.There are two new 2016's on a showroom floor near me with MSRP's of $94K. I guarantee they can be bought for less than $90K.I'm sure I'll get kicked in the teeth for putting this out there, but you should be making an offer in the high $70's for a used GT and definitely not more than $80K. Look at NADA or KBB. Look at some of the cars selling on Ebay. Go on a road trip if you need to. You'll save enough to make it worth the trip and have a fun drive home.Not sure what you're doing with your one-year-old Vette, but if selling, I'm afraid that you'll find out what the Viper seller you're working with is going to find out.... selling any car after one year will result in a beating of biblical proportion.Good luck.
True on the depreciation. I got crazy lucky trading in of all ways to sell, my 2015 stock Viper GT for a 14 stage ll heads and cam orange TA for nearly the same price. I got lucky the dealer didn't know TA nor what was under the hood and it's quality. OP consider going for 13-15. Plenty to be had with under 5k miles in the 70s. With the savings you can fly in and drive home or even pay for shipping. Don't limit yourself. 90k is too high.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
base price on a 2016 SRT is barely over 90K. The only caveat for a 2017 SRT is it ( and the GT) are no longer available. We actually got in the last conventional TA 1.0 before Dodge locked out the above mentioned models. The other question you need to ask yourself is, with a 2017 GTC at 100,990 ( now you have electronically adjustable suspension, more sound deadening, power seat, leather and alcantara, two piece rotors, red calipers, and more) is a year old base model at over 90 worth almost the same as a nicer, personal model a year newer? Heck , we have the last TA 1.0 in our system and at 108k+ there are plenty of options with no miles. Just saying.....

Willie Da P
Woodhouse
402-677-5864

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
base price on a 2016 SRT is barely over 90K. The only caveat for a 2017 SRT is it ( and the GT) are no longer available. We actually got in the last conventional TA 1.0 before Dodge locked out the above mentioned models. The other question you need to ask yourself is, with a 2017 GTC at 100,990 ( now you have electronically adjustable suspension, more sound deadening, power seat, leather and alcantara, two piece rotors, red calipers, and more) is a year old base model at over 90 worth almost the same as a nicer, personal model a year newer? Heck , we have the last TA 1.0 in our system and at 108k+ there are plenty of options with no miles. Just saying.....Willie Da P Woodhouse402-677-5864
You have a 14 TA or a GTC with the TA package, I'm confused?!

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You can order the TA pkg on cars after 2014 they have the TA 1.0 and the TA 2.0 which has a smaller wing than the ACR. Very kick ***.
I know but the way he wrote it made me wonder if he has an actual TA that's the only one at dealers. If still think you could order the TA package for 2017 no problem on the configurator.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We have a 2017 TA 1.0 in the order bank. Supposedly the last one that made it in before the shut off the SRT and GT from the order Banks. So yes ,it is a TA 1.0, not a GTC with he TA 1.0 option group. Color black , as the system even then would not allow any other color as it was in the process of shutting off these models. Have a Vin and everything. Can one still order a GTC with the 1.0 or 2.0 TA Option groups -- sure, but straight TA with the carbon fiber strut bar , carbon rear applique between the lights,etc. , nope ( they are no more )

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We have a 2017 TA 1.0 in the order bank. Supposedly the last one that made it in before the shut off the SRT and GT from the order Banks. So yes ,it is a TA 1.0, not a GTC with he TA 1.0 option group. Color black , as the system even then would not allow any other color as it was in the process of shutting off these models. Have a Vin and everything. Can one still order a GTC with the 1.0 or 2.0 TA Option groups -- sure, but straight TA with the carbon fiber strut bar , carbon rear applique between the lights,etc. , nope ( they are no more )
Hmm this is news to me. I thought TA 1.0 was only in 2014? Are 2017 TA cars numbered? They didn't have numbered 1.0 in 2015 or 16 outside of the 2.0 correct? I'm confused how a 2017 true TA exists and it's not a 1.0 package as they were supposed to be limited production numbers. I'm actually feeling 2014 orange TA 1.0 being one of the most desirable gen V cars to have given their numbers and association with taking the Laguna track record from the ZR1.

OP
OP
F

Floored99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you all for he great insight. I ended up negotiating way down on the Viper and getting a decent deal on the Vette trade in (relatively speaking).

I have had the Viper for a week now and it has been a revelation. Im decidedly happy with the change.

Thanks again!

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to an exotic car show recently, corvettes were excluded from this event. In an act of defiance, the adjacent parking lot was full of corvettes and mustangs .
I found it quite amusing.

TalonTSi90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to an exotic car show recently, corvettes were excluded from this event. In an act of defiance, the adjacent parking lot was full of corvettes and mustangs .
I found it quite amusing.

Good job for that too, Vette's arent remotely exotic with over a million units...

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Concerning the 2014 TA's there were 33 of the black and white each. The 2014 cars are cool as $hit. They have their own little family going, on social media.

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen a few orange TA's change hands but not many.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave