V-10 Nationals, Bradenton Classes

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Street Tire SHoot-out (saturday) Extra Gate Fee Must be registered for event.
(owner must drive car)

Drag Radial Shoot-out (Saturday)

Stock Class 12.00 and slower

Super Street Class 11.00 - 11.99

Pro Street 10.50 - 10.99

Super Pro Street 9.90 - 10.49

Unlimited 9.89 - faster

Unlimited Pro Run what you Brung

Personal Awards (6-speeds Only) Must be done during qualifying or eliminations
Best 60 ft Time
Best Reaction Time
Best ET
High MPH

King of the Dyno

This is the LAST race! make sure you get to this one! the points race is extremely close, especially 1-15.

See you soon

:headbang:

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regarding the "king of the dyno" goes, suppose that one or more cars makes more than the dyno can read, how would a winner be determined?

Could you clarify exactly what the rules are for the unlimited class? Thanks.

OP
OP
D

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason

The rules for the Unlimited is the following:

Viper
6 speed T-56 Tranny
No solid Axles
Stock set-up (same type upgrades permitted)

If your asking about your car, I think it is fine unless you know otherwise.

Im just wishing we had left the time index at 9.40-9.89 LOL

see you soon

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason, time to update your sig there.

David, now you probably remember me asking you about that 40 to 89, huh? :lol: And the trannies allowed. It's all within the specs.

PBJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey David,
My car is not fixed from Shreeveport yet, I am driving a customer's car in the race and I was curious about the street tire shootout. I know you have to own the car, so I am guessing that I am screwed there. What if I trailer my car down, do I have to make a full pass to get my points for qualifying ? I know it is close between the top five for sure and I can't afford to lose my chance at the street tire shootout points...even if it is just the qualifying points. Let me know if you could, It will make a difference on how many trailers we are bringing down.
Thanks,
Joe

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Peanut Butter Jelly, you can't get points without your car. Points are awarded to a car, not a driver. You could trailer down your car and get qualifying points perhaps but your customer's car isn't going to get you anywhere for your car's points.

Am I wong here? Can you get points without your car? Are points awarded to the driver? Can I enter multiple cars and get all the points myself? Wouldn't SW have this thing wrapped up already if this were the case?

I haven't run a V-10 Nats yet but I could certainly bring enough cars to win the Championship if we are doing the accounting this way.

Let me know.

Chad "The Future Overall V-10 Nats Points Champion Depending on a ******** Decision" Williams

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, you can get points driving someone elses car. You just can't drive someone elses car in the street tire class...therefore no points. I would "guess" you are only allowed points in one class, so multiple cars wouldn't work. It's been this way since the first race this year.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe a driver does get the points regardless of what they are driving. In Shreveport there was someone that was goona drive another car for the points, but that car broke as well(which is a moot point). However, it was my understanding he would have still gotten points driving someone elses car in another class.

Joe, as far as street tire, I believe David is pretty strict on the owner driving their car.

Have a safe trip
John

PBJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am under the impression that the only class that you have to own the car in is the street tire shoot out. So far, that is the way it has been. I am trying to support the event and bring cars to race. I can drive this car for this customers points if that is the case, he is in forth place anyway....it doesn't matter to me. I am trying to bring as many cars as possible that will fill up spaces in every class. I was trying to take care of my customers first to get ready for this race, I just ran out of time to repair my own. If this is going to be a problem I will stay up a few extra hours to finish my car and just drive multiple cars is different classes. I am not sure why you have a problem with this, maybe I am misreading your reply...I hope that is the case.
Joe

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be clear, I have nothing to do with the V-10's, I am only airing my concerns.

So the verdict is the points accrue with the driver but only one car per class? Can I enter a car in each class? I have never heard of such a thing but I could make that work. Let me know.

I just don't see how you can show up without your car and get points.

Chad

OP
OP
D

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys

this race is about having fun! we have allowed since the first race for the points to go to the driver.

alot of people complain about the flexibility of the race but they never attend. the points race has been a difficult thing but we are doing our best to make this thing work.

If we get more cars it makes it easier to make more rules! this year we allowed people to drive other cars in other classes and the driver get the points. otherwise nobody would have got points because the class would have only 1 car??? which is better???

Street Tire SHoot-out??? You must own the car and it must qualify and make it to the first round or no points.

I know there are two thoughts on this matter but due to lack of turn-out we had no choice and this began from the beginning.

SOrry for the confusion!

what the top guys need to do is quit complaining and get their cars ready and win! that will settle any points differnces. You must win Bradenton and do well in the Street tire shoot out. that is what makes racing FUN!

for example:

I must beat CHad! I must Beat Tom Welch I must beat ROhn I must beat Lee Saunders I must beat My other car I must beat Kevin Howeth I must beat Brian Anderson

If I dont I dont win????

let's race boyz

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4