V-10 Nationals Topeka Schedule of Events

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First let me apologize for the delay in getting things Finalized. It has been difficult to raise the funds Necessary to Run at a track of this caliber. (entry's have been slower than normal as well) We are still waiting on some additional Sponsorships to come through.

The event was originally scheduled for Saturday and Sunday. However Many people requested Night Racing due to the summer heat so we arrange an ALl day Event on Saturday with the finals at night. After this was finalized we had people concerned about coming all the way to Kansas with no Track time so we covered this base by adding a Friday Night session for Test N Tune. So we apologize for the confusion it has caused. I was simply trying to make it work out for the best of everyone involved.

Regardless we are now here and Ready to shake down Topeka, Kansas! IF you are on the fence about coming we really need your support! Make the trip so that it helps us insure the future of the race Next year!!! More cars equal More sponsors which in return Equals a continued avenue in which to race the VIper!

Schedule of Events:

Friday Evening:

5:00 PM Gates open at Heartland Park
5:30 PM Tech Inspection
5:50 PM Drivers Meeting
6:00 PM Track Goes Hot
TEST N TUNE SESSION

Saturday

9:00 AM Gates open
10:00 AM Drivers Meeting (conclusion Track goes Hot)
10:15 AM Drag racing 101 (First time Drag racers)
11:30 AM Qualifying for Street Tire SHoot-Out Begins
12:30 PM First Round of Eliminations Street Tire Shoot-out
2:30 PM Qualifying Begins for Drag Radial SHoot-out
3:30 PM First Round of Eliminations Drag Radial SHoot-out
5:00 PM Test N Tune Begins for the Main Event
6:00 PM Qualifying Begins ALl classes
9:00 PM Finals All Classes

We reserve the right to Modify or change this schedule without Notice!

We look forward to seeing you there! This will be the best track we will see this year! Bring your A-Game and lets break some World Records!!!

Thanks for your support!!!

Event Sponsors:

Partsrack.com
Kansas City Viper Club
[******] (Street-tire shoot-out $1000.00 Prize)
ViperCLub.org
Heffners Performance
BTR Performance
Racing Solutions
Roe Racing

Several Individual Sponsorships that make this event happen! Thanks to these people with nothing to gain these events can take place!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And I will be checking on race fuel at the track, as well as the closest nitrous refill station. Should be a GREAT event, even if I am just reduced to a spectator! :(

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are so excited about the race I hardly can contain myself.. :eek: .. I am ready for the 3000 mile round trip. Vern Hill has left today and I will leave tommarrow morning from Florida.

Cudaman :usa:

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Race fuel? Did somebody say race fuel? I think you will be pleased:

The race fuel at Heartland Park (by the paddock area, 40 yards from the track itself) is self serve credit card and will be open the entire time we are there. Octane ratings? WOW! 100, 104, 106, and 112! Pick your fuel and bring your credit card.

As to nitrous, I have found one so far: AutoMotion at 19th & Kansas Avenues sells it at $3.80 a pound. They are about 7 miles from the track and close at 5:30 on Friday and are not open on Saturday. BUT WAIT! I spoke with the owner and if we can nail down specific times on Saturday or even later Friday when guys want to refill, he will come in and open up just for us. So start thinking about when you will want to refill and I will set it up. I am also checking with other area NOS guys, including one in KC that may have a portable refill station (fingers crossed). So far, so good!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh yeah, and for those that want to see a little more racing action while you are in Topeka, Heartland Park is also hosting the Championship Off Road Racing (CORR - http://corracing.com/ ) series this weekend at their nearby dirt track. They have very generously offered to get all V10 Nationals attendees discounted passes into the races if anybody wants to check them out:

You must be registered for see images attach

While the drag strip and dirt track aren't side-by-side (that could be a mess), just make sure that you don't take your Viper to the wrong venue - or that there are LOTS of photographers around when you do! ;)

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
As David always knows, PartsRack is proud to donate $$$$ and a set of tires, and some in-kind support as well. Be Safe-Be Smart-Have Fun.

Ill be Pacing at PIR.

Flash: VIPERS (JonB and Tony C) have been asked to Pace the Speed-GT World Challenge ALMS race at Portland in 2 weeks...and all the event races as well.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Event times should be Central. I also wanted to make sure everybody had directions to the track in Topeka.

FROM THE EAST:
Kansas City/St. Louis - Follow I-70 West/Kansas Turnpike to Topeka. Take South Topeka fork on I-470 (left) and follow to the Topeka Blvd. exit (#177). Go south on Topeka Blvd. approximately four miles to Gary Ormsby Drive.

FROM THE NORTH:
Omaha/Lincoln - Take Highway 75 South to Topeka. Follow US-75 to I-70 West and then to I-470 South. Exit Topeka Blvd. South and travel four miles south. Alternatively you can follow US-75 until you reach the south end of town, exit at Toepka Blvd. Turn left (north) and travel 1.5 miles to Finish Line Drive.
Des Moines - Take I-35 South to Kansas City. From Kansas City take I-670 West to I-70 West. Follow I-70 West/Kansas Turnpike to Topeka. Take the South Topeka fork on I-470 (left) and follow to the Topeka Blvd. exit (#177). Go south on Topeka Blvd. approximately four miles to Gary Ormsby Drive.

FROM THE SOUTH:
Dallas/Wichita - Take I-35 north which becomes the Kansas Turnpike in Kansas. Stay on the turnpike, which becomes I-335 from Emporia to Topeka. I-335 merges with I-470 in Topeka. Take the Topeka Blvd. exit (#177) and go south on Topeka Blvd. approximately four miles to Gary Ormsby Drive.
Tulsa - Take Highway 75 North to Topeka. Take a right on Finish Line Drive.

FROM THE WEST:
Denver/Western Kansas - Take I-70 East to I-470/US-75 in Topeka. Follow US-75 south of Topeka to Topeka Blvd. exit. Turn left and follow Topeka Blvd. north for 1.5 miles -or- Take I-70 East to I-470/US-75. Follow US-75 until south of town, exit at Topeka Blvd. Turn left (north) and travel 1.5 miles to Finish Line Drive

ALL
When you get to the track, turn LEFT (east) on Gary Ormsby Drive. Follow that around as it turns to the south. Look for Gate D which will be the Registration and tunnel to the paddock:

You must be registered for see images

You're there! Now as far as the hotel, it is the beautiful Capitol Plaza Hotel located at 1717 SW Topeka Blvd in Topeka, KS. The hotel is located exactly 7 miles north of the track on Topeka Blvd. It is on the east side of the street (your right coming from the track). Here is a map of the city with the prominent locations marked in red:

You must be registered for see images

Questions on directions? Drop me an e-mail at [email protected] We look forward to seeing you there!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62