Vacationing in Florida

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As the title says, thats what my wife and i are doing. We came to Florida for our 1 year anniversay. Plus she was friends here. First off i just want to say how much i like it here. Beats the snow and cold back home. Second is, are Vipers not allowed in this State? Well i have seen one. A red 03 srt. We landed in Orlando, stayed there for 4 nights, went to Miami for lunch then drove down to Key West for supper. LOTS of driving. And now we are in New Smyrna Beach for a couple days. I have seen only 1 Lambo, 1 Ferrari 360, & 1 srt 10, BUT i have seen over 100 vettes!!! They are every where. Its like we just missed a big give a way or something. What gives. Now i know there are vettes sold compared to vipers, so thats a big reason there but come on. I was hoping to atleast see a few on vacation. And i like running into fellow owners and possibly chat a bit.
Anyways, im having a good time either way just thought i would through this out there.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jeebs, i live in Chicago, have had 2 Vipers over 3 years and have only run into 1 Viper on the road. As you know, its really a pretty rare sight.

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
:rolleyes: I travel to Florida often , (Lake City, Silver Springs,Orlando, Ft.Pierce) and rarely see any Vipers. But that's not unusal, even where I live there's quite a few Vipers, but you will see many, many more Vets. "RARELY" will I see a Viper. I had to join the local Vet club :aargh: to have someone to go cruisin with on weekends. :dunno: Don't buy a Viper if you expect to get a bunch together & go crusin in groups. At least not in the area I live. :sorry2:

OP
OP
J

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ya i know there are not a bunch out there and when i get home i can look at mine all i want but its not the same. I love my car and all but its just nice when i get a chance to run across one, and or its owner.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a place in the panhandle and visit there often. I rarely ever see a Viper there.

mach4444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipers are a rarity no matter where you are. want to see exotics spend some time, preferably a weekend, in Naples, this town is crawling with lambos, ferraris, astons, porsches etc. I see more lambos than I do Vipers here, vettes are everywhere as are porsches, bentlys etc. The weather this time of year is gorgeous, come back in august!

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 3 Vipers around my place in Cocoa Beach.... red Gen3, black Gen2, B5 blue Gen4. Couple of Prowlers too, a black one and a yellow one. The black one has over 130,000 on it.

When I move down there permanently, I'll have to join the Central North Florida region.... it will be nice to be able to drive the Viper and Prowler everyday. :)

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There were 9 of us Vipers on Flagler Ave in West Palm Beach on 22Jan12. Most were from Davie area and one from Ft. Myers.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drive a lot on weekends and have yet to see Chuck either...I do see a few RAM SRT-10's every so often. Does that count?? There is a red 08/10 ACR that I see on the Crosstown every now and then.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should have spent more time in Miami. I try to get down there at least a few times a year and always see at least a couple Vipers each time. You'll definitely see more Lambo's, Ferrari's and Bentley's though. I swear there's a Continental GT on every corner!

OP
OP
J

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well its our last night and its been a really good time. And your right TowDawg about the GT's, i've seen several. And for Silver04, your funny and right. But i have only really been on here a couple times and only for a couple mintes. Then the wife is busy or into her book i jump on here. Its a win win for both of us. She knows how much i love this cars, thats why she let me buy mine after we got married.
Maybe i'll spot another on the way to the airport. If not i'll have to poke my head in the garage when i get home :D

JnM_SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in south Florida and I can tell you from experience everyone and their grandma, yes I've seen very much older ladies, drive a Corvette. I see more Lamborghini's and Ferrari's driving around every day then I do Viper's. Viper's are down here, just not as many as Vette's which I like!!! I think 90% of the Vette's down here are automatic (ewwwwwww) LOL

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should have spent more time in Miami. I try to get down there at least a few times a year and always see at least a couple Vipers each time. You'll definitely see more Lambo's, Ferrari's and Bentley's though. I swear there's a Continental GT on every corner!

Yes, I am amazed at how many exotics I see when I am in Florida. I have to wonder where are these people getting their money from. Everybody tells me it is very hard to get a good job or make any money in Florida but yet it seems everybody down there is loaded. A lot of very young people too so it cannot be the snowbirds retiring and moving to Florida to spend their retirement money.

South Beach especially amazes me with all the exotics but I also noticed 9 out of 10 of them in SB are all rented. But I am guessing that is not true for the rest of Florida.

OP
OP
J

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So what does SWMBO stand for? Im guessing i should know it and im guessing it funny. So give it up.

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know how you missed all the Vipers in Florida. National Geographic estimates there are presently in excess of 30,000 Burmese and an untold number (in the thousands) of the African Rock Vipers running around there. Oops - sorry ...... apparently those are actual snakes of the Python variety. Anyway, the moral of the story is; when vacationing in Florida, don't fall asleep outside for very long. You might not wake up. (LOL).

MoparBoyy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i been driving around Orlando, Sanford, and New Symrna Beach.. you just didn't see me.

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
The big money comes from 3 places here in Fla--1. earned elsewhere, 2. family money, and 3. the money comes from drugs---Dave

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
There were 15 of us n Kissimmee Jan 28th at the Mecum auction. My theory is that in Florida we don't have them there potholes and salted roads, so we go faster than you do up North, Vipers slow down in snow...

OP
OP
J

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thats a funny out look on that fuelman. But you are right about the winters. We go so slow they don't even make it out of the garages. But we make up for it in the summer. Trust me. :D

And that ***** that there seemed to be a few of you guys out. Maybe i should have made a comment on here before i went down. Maybe next time.

snakem04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeebs I feel ya my car has been in the garage since November. I went to miami in December for 5 days. Day 1 there where 2 vipers parked outside my hotel. A yellow rt/10 and a copperhead gen lll. But most of all I saw lambos, ferraris, bentley, vettes and masarattis. A lot of the high end cars where rentals.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62