***VCA BANNER-PETE OR FANG FIRST-PLEASE VOTE!***

OP
OP
VPRVENM97

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The thoughts of our National President would be appreciated.

No in put Joe? How is going to made, #1 or #2?

Ryck,

I sent the Commander in Chief an e-mail and posted a link to this thread in the GEN III section (those guys seem to favor #1 too) and the General Section. I'll PM the Prez .... again. :D

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
MY thoughts are not as important as the membership's thoughts!

...but taking off my Presidential cap...

I think the concept of "rolling with the times", but making the "old" (ahem...classic) logo available for all apparel and merchandise is a very interesting solution. It allows for the "classic" guys to have a constantly new supply of goodies, with a retro look.

OP
OP
VPRVENM97

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MY thoughts are not as important as the membership's thoughts!

Joe,

That's outstanding! Now, since the members have overwhelmingly endorsed the version with Pete on the left side of the banner, when will they be going into production? Cost and dimensions? Again ,thanks for making it happen. :2tu:

Can we also update the banner at the top of the VCA site to reflect this?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Some Historic perspective:

I just called "Father Viper" Roy S. and asked him if he remembered the development of the 1st logo. "Boy, DO I" was his reply. He even remembered the name of the artist-designer that created "Sneaky Snake" later Sneaky Pete. (No NOT named after Pete Gladys...old timers may remember Pete G.)

The original logo was a baby snake emerging from an egg, with "crafty-yet-flirtatious" winking snake look that survived in Sneaky. Roy noted that Herb "Grailkeeper" Helbig wanted a crawling / striking ASP name as the logo, but it did not survive. The ASP WAS used in early promo videos.

Soon after "Sneaky" was adopted, the Pete name somehow attached....I first heard it at VOI-1, named by "Viper Pete" Agalzoff...who was an outgoing crazy / obsessed owner who also 1st used / trained the SNAKE SALUTE at VOI-1. He showed a bunh of folks including Jean Randall, the 74-year old lady at VOI, later dubbed "Little Old lady From Kansas City" in Viper Quarterly #001.

Pete called his Viper Logo on his Shirt Sneaky Pete at VOI-1. [Pete A. was the 1st Viper ever to enter the Pony Express 100 race... and took best of show, and sportsmanship award there.]
Prior to VOI-1 Roy could not remember the Pete moniker either. So it may have been Pete Agalzoff.

You always remember your FIRST........... VIVA SNEAKY PETE

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
#1, of course. And a couple comments:

First off, I like the Fangs logo about the same as Sneaky Pete. We actually discussed this during the club meeting last night and Fangs was more popular - I kid you not. One GTS owner is switching the logos on his car to Fangs. I think having Sneaky Pete is great and having it first on the banner is perfect.

The other issue that could be interesting is the logo on apparel (shirts, hats, etc.). The "official" embroidered logo looks like this:

You must be registered for see images

Looks great on a shirt, but what do you do now? Having both logos on there doesn't look so hot. So do you offer a choice of logos to your members? I believe that is the approach we are taking in KC, and it will be interesting to see what gets passed down by National. Another thought was to have the VCA logo (sans snake) on the front and the two snake logos on either sleeve - or the sides in the case of hats. I guess that will be on the next poll!