VCA Discount to Top Gun Run Standing Mile Event, Sunday March 14

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dear Members,

In just over a week, you will have an opportunity of a lifetime, and that is to drive your Viper with NO SPEED LIMITS! Yes, you read that right! For over a mile, you'll be able to have the pedal to the metal, WOT (wide open throttle), Drive it like you Stole it, and see what it feels like. The only ticket you'll get is the ticket that says how fast you actually went, and a certificate that will certify your time in the Standing Mile.

There are only about a half dozen places in the country that you can do this, but I will say this: we have the best venue, the best facility, and the best weather.

The regular cost to attend is $150 which includes the driver and car. If you wish to have the food included which is breakfast, lunch, snacks and all the beverages you wish, it's $200. Passengers are $50 each and spectators are $5 each. If you wish to bring a guest, the additional catering is $50 each.

VCA South Florida will be absorbing the difference of the following: Take $25 off the $150 package, $25 off the $200 Package, your passenger will be FREE, take off $25 for an additional catered lunch, and all spectators coming from the VCA will have free admission.

There are many who've signed up already and it's my hope that you'll be able to attend and have a blast in your Viper or other Exotic car.

Dodge was going to send a Bonneville Viper to us, thanks to Ralph Gilles and Steve Sharples, but the car was not ready. They will be bringing something special though, that even I don't know about. Dodge has also said that they may have Motor Trend cover this event, so be sure to have the So-Flo look.

Log on to the event website and see all the cars signed up thus far. topgunrun There will be some very fast cars and motorcycles, all trying to break the land speed record at this event. A notable car that will be there is a 2000HP Ford GT that is looking to go over 260 MPH in the Standing Mile.

FYI, in the afternoon and when time permits, we will have the timing lights moved an additional half mile so that those who need the extra distance can really set out to run their top speed.

You can sign up now at topgunrun and be sure to mention the VCA Discount. But you need to do that before next week due to the head count for lunch.

Hope to see you on the airstrip.[/FONT]

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Pics above I took at Sebring 1/14/10

I am surprised that the Vipers are outnumbered 4-1 by the Lambos. I know Ivan would like to see a few more Vipers.

OP
OP
I

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dear Members,

Next Sunday will be the next Top Gun Run event held at the Dade Collier Transit and Transportation Airport. As I have mentioned before, there are standing mile events throughout the country, but NONE of them are on a smooth surface like this airstrip. And NONE of them are as long. 2 miles by 150' to be exact.

There are already many of you coming out to this event and some of you are bringing out some very fast cars. Some of you are bringing something other than your Viper which is encouraged, if that's what you want to do. Member Mark Butters is bringing out his Saleen S7. Just look at the list of cars coming and you'll see why this event will be an event that will highlight our year. In the later afternoon, the mile mark will moved a half mile further to get your ALL OUT top speed at 1.5 miles out. Some of you will need this, some of you won't but this is Top Gun Run and this is how they do it.

Member Eunice Firth who slithers by men on the road course in her beautiful 2009 Green Viper Coupe will join the ranks as one of the fastest women in the world ever as she will also put her pedal to the metal. John Merkus with his 900+ HP 2002 Viper GTS is looking to slightly change the rotation of our earth by running this event too. Many DLM and Hefner Twin Turbo Lamborghinis; the list goes on.

Some interesting people and competitors coming out to this event include Camilo Pardo who is bringing his 2006 Ford GT Gulf edition. For those in the VCA who own a Ford GT, be sure to bring something for him to autograph; he's the one who designed that car!

There is also a 2000 HP Ford GT looking to break the current land speed record AND a 600 HP Turbo Hayabusa that makes 600 HP at rear wheel. If you're any kind of gear head, car freak, or racer, DO NOT miss this event.

As I mentioned before, all VCA members get in for free. If you wish to race, take off $25 off the basic package, or take off $25 off the full package.

I'm looking forward to seeing you next Sunday so register in the next few days and grab your helmet and come and run your Viper the way it was meant to be driven. FAST!!!

topgunrun

Ivan[/FONT]

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a pic from the last race and this guy did not register. I hope we are not going to have a problem with his crew. He seemed to get excited as I repeated Ivan Ivan Ivan:omg:

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quick update. We have 59 cars that have entered and paid so far. As far as the weather I do not think it could be any better. Low 70's and no rain in the forecast. As usual we will have some track ladies to keep us hydrated and pumped. I have invited these 2 for a return appearance.

The Vipers are outnumbered 4 to 1 by the Lambos. The DLM and Heffner Lambos will dominate the field again unless someone brings a boosted Snake.

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After the dust cleared in my bone stock 09 vert I ran 175mph today. There was a Carrera GT that was running in the high 160's and the same for a stock Lambo. GenIV's rock and I think everyone who owns one will agree. There were TT Lambos running in the low 190's and here a cheap stock Viper was not that far behind with a ****** engine.

Several Porsches ran in the 220's. John Bohmer in his FGT ran a breathtaking 253mph in the standing mile. I can not believe how large the Florida Mile has grown. Like everyone else I am also very appreciative Ivan for all the time it took you to put together such a grand event.

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy S%*t!!......253 mph in one mile? That is very impressive.

Good run on your 2009, I'm curious to see what a Gen IV will do with 3.55's and a lowered ratio 5th gear....maybe 185 mph?

I'm hoping to see more mile events on the West Coast.

Cheers,
George

Reaction score
Holy S%*t!!......253 mph in one mile? That is very impressive.

Good run on your 2009, I'm curious to see what a Gen IV will do with 3.55's and a lowered ratio 5th gear....maybe 185 mph?

I'm hoping to see more mile events on the West Coast.

Cheers,
George

3.55's would need 5th so I bet you would go slower...:dunno:

Whoops you said with a lower 5th, my bad it's Monday :rolaugh:

Last edited:

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark,

What would be your dream setup for a Gen IV that runs the mile regarding gearing for the rear and the tranny? Is there any computer program that allows you to punch in numbers and give you estimated mph to distance?

Cheers,
George

OP
OP
I

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Folks,

Here is that video of the Ford GT that just broke the last record put on by SW in a Supra Turbo at 246 MPH.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk9vMQRIp1E[/media]

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A special thanks to Ivan for organizing such a great event. Good food, good people and great cars. Incredible turnout. We can not thank you enough for all the time and effort it took.

:2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu:

OP
OP
I

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A special thanks to Ivan for organizing such a great event. Good food, good people and great cars. Incredible turnout. We can not thank you enough for all the time and effort it took.

:2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu:

Thanks Richie,

There was an incredible turnout and thanks to the VCA who showed up at the track in other cool cars as well. Hendrik in his Porsche Carrera GT, Mark B. in his Saleen S7, Jim G in his Ford GT, Don F in his DLM SC SRT-10 with Wife Eunice in her SSG 2009 SRT-10, Ron B in his SRT-10, John M in his 900+ HP 2002 GTS and to all the VCA members who showed up to witness the world record breaking Ford GT of Performance Power that set the bar at 252.97 MPH. And he missed s shift!