VCA South Florida Trip to Smokey Mountains, October 22-27, 2009

01ACR/VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am excited about our adventure and tomorrow is the big day. I will be in Daytona around noon. We are leaving Daytona at 2PM sharp. Our next stop will be in Savannah. Dan Cobra is going to hook up with us just north of Jacksonville in his TT Porsche for the first leg of the trip:2tu:

:drive:

Exactly where will you be?We can all meet there?:dunno::2tu:

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weather is looking pretty decent for Sat and especially on Sunday. Unfortunately, I'm covered up with work and not sure if I'll be able to make it :mad:. I'm still trying to work it out:confused:

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We only have 5 Vipers in Asheville tonight. Most of the people are on the north side in Pigeon Forge or Townsend. Tomorrow morning we are going over to the Biltmore for some pics and then getting together with the Tenn Viper crowd. Matt is going to lead us through the Blue Ridge Parkway for a scenice ride since us Florida Boys are not use to hills. Today was like riding through a Wall of Colors as we entered the Asheviille area.

Looking forward to tomorrows ride. We miss you Ivan.

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are leaving a around 11AM. Then we are going to shoot some pics over at the Biltmore. Some of the guys already headed over for the tour and will be back here before we leave. I have to call Matt at 9 to coordinate our trip today. Tonight we are having a BBQ in Townsend if you are interested.

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are leaving a around 11AM. Then we are going to shoot some pics over at the Biltmore. Some of the guys already headed over for the tour and will be back here before we leave. I have to call Matt at 9 to coordinate our trip today. Tonight we are having a BBQ in Townsend if you are interested.

Ya'll do your best to "keep up" with Matt. I'm sure he'll take it easy on ya:2tu: He knows those roads and he's a great driver too. Keep it safe and enjoy the scenery. Sorry we can't be there :mad:

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My office is just down the street from where you are staying. Do you want to bring the cars down and wash them?

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It doesn't get any better then this.

Driving up from Florida with a half a dozen Vipers we were pumped up and hoping for some clear skies after a week of rainy weather reports. Finally the perfect weather and weekend to view the fall foliage in the Smoky Mountains and we hit it just right with a little luck & some careful planning from IvanHo. Due to family committments Ivan was not able to attend. I would like to thank Ivan on behalf of everyone who attended for organizing this trip for us. As usual I met some new members who I will be looking forward to getting together with in the near future.
The first day up there we decided to go take some pics at the Biltmore before hitting the Blue Ridge Parkway for a scenic ride. Here is a link to the Biltmore site.
Visit Biltmore - Biltmore House
This is an estate built in 1895. Its size and grandeur are stunning and hopefully some of my pics have captured its appeal.

Included is a few pics of Blairs cabin and of course what else-VIPERS.

There are some videos and more pics coming.

You must be registered for see images attach

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

OP
OP
I

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Richie,

Thanks so much for posting the pictures. What a beautiful site!! You guys surely had a great time. And yes, I'm totally bummed at not being able to join all of you. Awesome pictures.

I heard yesterday was the day of all drives, taking it to the Dragon. Can't wait to see those pics too. Thanks for attending and for bringing it all together as well. We're going to do this every other year for sure!

01ACR/VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like all had a great time...I was not so lucky to not make it.:mad:Nice pics for sure,looks lovely up there.:2tu:

OP
OP
I

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Ya'all!

I'm so happy to share this video with all of you! Thanks to Members Blair and Monica Retchin for making it possible, and for truly being the catalyst behind this trip to the Tennessee Mountains to enjoy some really beautiful scenic roads. Also big thanks to Dave (South Florida) and to Richie (Central North Florida) for making the necessary calls to the places where everyone stayed.

And last, but certainly not least, thanks to EVERYONE who made this trip. Without all of you, there would have been no trip; we met new members, and were lucky to see old ones, and of course, members from all over the South. It was truly a delight for every one of you who were able to come out.

We had a total of 12 Vipers from the South and it was really an amazing time.

Funny story too.................. Our main hub was Townsend, Tennessee, 15 minutes from where Blair and Monica have their cabin. On Sunday night, dinner was pre-arranged at a local steakhouse. Townsend being a small small community, everyone truly knows each other by first name.

Well, that evening around 6pm, a gentleman pulls up in a Viper and has dinner. The owner knowing that the Viper Club is going to be there, with 20 plus others at 8, asks him, so you're with the Viper Club?

He looks around and chuckles, Viper Club? No it's just me. Well, an hour later, the VCA members who were on the trip walk in and of course it's an unbelievable homecoming! Turns out that the gentleman was from Chicago and was driving down to Ft. Lauderdale to see the boat show. He decides to stay at a 5 star B&B and has dinner at the same place the rest of us were! Well, he of course decides to join the rides for the next few days, and new friendships have just been solidified! We are family!!!

And also, a huge thanks to all the VCA Presidents in SE for spreading the word out to their members. I sincerely appreciate that.

Enjoy the video, and again, thanks to all of you who were able to make this 1st trip of many. Hope to see ya'll real soon now!

The FIRST ANNUAL Smoky Mountain Viper Run! on Vimeo
Close
You need to upgrade your Flash Player

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool video. I have a question regarding your regions site. Why have you made it to where you now need a login to view your event photos? I used to enjoy viewing your regions site because not only did you post great pics from your events, but youre one of the only (that I can think of) regions that actually posts pics. Anyway, thanks for posting the video. Looks like all of you had a blast.

OP
OP
I

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool video. I have a question regarding your regions site. Why have you made it to where you now need a login to view your event photos? I used to enjoy viewing your regions site because not only did you post great pics from your events, but youre one of the only (that I can think of) regions that actually posts pics. Anyway, thanks for posting the video. Looks like all of you had a blast.

No problem. We're just trying to gauge the interest rate of our site and photos. Here is our info

Username: viper
Password: repiv

Enjoy

PS78

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Top video
Top cars & drivers (of course!!)
Top roads!!!!
:D

Latest posts

Members online