VCA Vendor Appreciation day Honoring ART

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fellow Viper owners! (PLEASE RSVP by June 23rd)

It's time for the next event so mark your calendars or just check ours! Central Texas VCA calendar

Event: Appreciation Day event to honor American Racing Technology

Date: June 25th 2011

Meeting place: HEB Parking Lot located at 5401 FM 1626 Kyle, TX 78640 at 4:45PM

Time: Meet at 4:00PM, depart for BBQ at Grayson's at 4:30PM. Depart Grayson's for Thunder Hill at 7:45PM

Description/special instructions: As I am sure all are aware in and around our region American Racing Technology (ART) has been a long time contributor to our many events. From sponsoring door prizes, providing free custom t-shirts, or renting an entire track for the club their contributions are never small, but often go overlooked. It is not always financial contributions to the club , every employee of ART steps up and puts forth extra effort at every event, especially to help our dyno days go off without issue. They are all there to tech inspect our cars every year to make sure we are safe, and never turn away a question. To show some appreciation for all that ART does for our region the board has put together a small gesture to say "Thank You". Grayson Harcourt has generously offered up to BBQ at his homestead in Wimberley, TX to start things off. After the pleasantries and eating is done it is off to Thunder Hill Raceway in Kyle, TX. At Thunder Hill Raceway we will have the chance to race the employees of ART bumper to bumper, wheel to wheel in a winner takes all enduro race. Thunder Hill Raceway is ONE of only TWO NASCAR sanctioned raceways in Texas. We will be racing side by side on this track in professional karts reaching speeds up to 70MPH, all while under the night sky and stadium lights illuminating our way. Almost identical to racing Bristol Motor Speedway under the lights! This won't be a cake walk of a race, it will require teamwork to pull off a win!

ALL RACE EQUIPMENT SUPPLIED AT TRACK, MUST WEAR CLOSED TOE SHOES!

Donations: Any money donated to help with food costs and kart/track rental would be greatly appreciated. If you or your company would like to donate a kart rental fee or two please contact me individually to discuss. Anyone donating an entire kart fee will have the first choice of being a team owner/captain for that kart in the enduro race. ART has donated countless hours and dollars on our behalf, lets return the gesture for this event in their honor!

REMINDER: I know it is getting hot out there these days, as such bringing your Viper is optional. I encourage you to bring the family for this event and enjoy socializing with other members of our region and everyone from ART. After the BBQ in the country the family will also enjoy the sights and sounds of a real life NASCAR track at night under the lights with YOU participating in the race!

OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMPORTANT REMINDER!!

South Central Texas VCA Official ART Appreciation Day is almost here! (June 25th, 2011 @ 4:00PM)

Please reply to this email if you plan to attend and how many family members you will be attending with. This will help ensure we have enough food to go around for the BBQ.

Thank you for all that have sent in an RSVP already, it really does make a difference.

Also we have had some very generous donations for this event both internal in the club as well as external

First to donate is JonB with PartsRack.com, JonB has donated raffle items and door prizes for our events for years and is yet again donating a prize for our Appreciation Day!

PartsRack is donating "EBC Red or Yellow Brake pads for the Viper of your choice" to the member with the fastest lap time.

A special thanks also goes out to the following people for donating a kart rental for the enduro race:

Mr. Dave Gordon

Team Weber; aka John Weber and Family

ECS Telecom Services; Eddie & Blanca Skoog

Robinson General Contractors, Inc; Kurt Robinson & Yvette Garcia

Without the generosity of our members and supporting vendors we would not be able to put together these events. This gives us a grand prize and 4 karst for the enduro race. As stated in the previous email, any person or company who donates a kart rental will have first choice to be a team capitan for the race. It will be stratigy not speed that wins this race!

Again Thank You to all that have donated so far, we are still open to donations in any amount or for any product such as food, beverages, and kart rentals. The more karts rented the more track time each person gets and the smaller the race teams are.

If you are interested in donating please reply to this email to discuss.

This is a family fun event so I encourage you to bring out the entire family for this BBQ and Kart race. All family members are welcome to this social event. we all look forward to seeing you and your family!

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Good on you for coming up with this Kurt:2tu:. ART always help's the Viper community out.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
"Vendor Appreciation Day !" .........The very thought of it got me all misty-eyed......I just HAD to donate sumphin!

Todd and his crew at ART are an asset to the Viper World..... standing mile records and all....to Dodge Viper Cup, too.
And Todd has the most beauteous Viper ACR!

Have Fun and Be Safe. JonB~~~:<~

OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Jon, we appreciate all your donations and this one hit right before Viper Days, will be a perfect prize for the lucky member!

OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
More donations are coming in! We can't thank you all enough, even some of our newest members are donating! Buddy Collins joined up a few weeks back, he has generously pitched in for this event and I hope we will finally all get to meet him.

OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW: I know we are doing the BBQ before the kart race, and it is almost a sin in Texas not to have a cool one with BBQ, but this is a reminder to eat, drink and kart responsibly! Even if it is…..Viper Beer!
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CONGRATS to "Group Therapy" for wining this event! I will have to double check time slips but I think it was a 2 or 3 lap lead! Group Therapy was donated by Dave Gordon and had Grayson, Lance and Myself for teammates. All drivers did outstanding in kart #4 running 160+ laps in a one hour Enduro race. All participants did a awesome job on the track keeping it clean (for the most part..) and having a great time.

The BBQ was some of the best I have ever had and I can't thank Grayson enough for providing that for everyone, I am now ruined on brisket, I could never top that!

But this event was to honor ART and go out and have a blast with them outside of the shop, mission accomplished! Everyone had an ear to ear grin and enjoyed the entire night, fierce yet friendly competition. We really can't thank ART enough for what they do not only with donations, shirts etc but also with time, donating weekends, after hours, overtime to the club and our cause. Really means a lot to all of us and we do appreciate it.

As the winning team captain, Dave Gordon has decided not to accept the top prize donated by PartsRack but rather give it back to the club as a raffle or auction item to bring in more funds to the club so we can enjoy these types of outings more often. This was a very generous act and the club will benefit from it greatly.

Great time last night, I want to thank everyone who attended, who donated, and above all Thank you to ART!

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was soooooo much fun! lol! It was awesome to see everyone become more of "friends" as the teamwork and comradary came together and we all got to know each better throughout the evening. The ART guys were a blast to hang out with as always! Thanks to everyone envolved in organizing this and all the donations made. :)

OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Next time Buddy! Looking forward to meeting you and thank you for your donation!

Frog, you hit the nail on the head there! We are a car club yes, but we are more than just cars. We are some damn fun people to hang out with too! The more of these social events we can put together I think the stronger this club will be. Sorry I missed the show yesterday, by the time I looked up from yardwork it was already 6PM, would have missed 90% of it. Next time!

Texas 97 GTS B/W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry I could not make it but I heard it was really hot fun! LOL! Congrats to team "Group Therapy". Well earned. Only
a few seconds from first to second place after an hour!

Thank you, A.R.T. for all you do. This one was for you!

And Grayson, the boys did NOT bring me a doggie bag to taste that fine BBQ. Maybe that's why they were slower....
tummies full of grub.

It will be funny if they read this later on the forum.

OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ART Appreciation Day Event was great! Grayson invited us in his home with some knock out BBQ, I may be ruined on brisket from no on, no way I can top that one! All the food was fantastic and I don't think we left a single crumb on a single plate... No left overs at this BBQ! Thank you Grayson for allowing us to crash your beautiful home and put up with all of us as well as feed us!

After filling our bellies we got out to the track, there were 16 brave soles who took to the asphalt that night. 4 Teams, 4 Karts, 1 hour straight. It was a grueling race, with leader changes constantly, wheel to wheel battles almost every lap, some yelling, some cussing, now yellow flags, but YES one black flag, but when the only flag that counts was waived it was Dave Gordon's team Group Therapy who had driven 160 laps winning overall by a mere 7.859 seconds. Weber's Team Awesome was a very close second, leaving Skoog's team Cherry Popper and ART's team Wing-nuts both behind by 3 laps. Racing was intense and the adrenaline was rushing in everyone even the spectators! The fastest lap time was driven by Lance of Gordon's Group Therapy team at 20.298, which put him at a speed of 66.5MPH! That is FAST on a go-kart! Having the fastest lap time the Grand Prize donated by PartsRack of a new set of EBC Red Stuff or Yellow Stuff brake pads for any year Viper went to Lance, who generously donated them back to our club as a raffle or auction item in the future. Through this philanthropy the club will benefit as a whole. We do appreciate it!

I would also like to thank all those that showed up and participated in this event, those who donated to the event and above all ART for all they do during the entire year, we hope you had fun letting us do the work and makeing sure you had a good time this time around. Everyone at ART puts in so much effort and overtime to make sure our events go off without a hitch, sometimes it is easy to forget most of these events would not be possible without thier support. And beyond helping out our club, breaking standing mile records, and racing the ACR-X series, somehow they find time to do some pretty damn good work on cars as well! So if you need anything done to your cars, not just Viper look them up at A.R.T. (click here)

A big thank you also needs to go out to:

Grayson Harcourt & the Harcourt Family for the fantastic food and hospitality
Dave Gordon donating Kart #4
ECS Telecom (Eddie Skoog) for donating Kart #9
Team Weber (John Weber) for donating Kart #8
Robinson General Contractors (Yvette Garcia) for donating Kart #10
Buddy Collins for donating towards practice laps
Chris Williams for donating towards practice laps

Without your generocity this event could not have taken place.

Our next event will be announced soon! Stay tuned! And if I don't see you before, have a HAPPY JULY 4th!!!

The Central Texas Appreciation day for Ben Keating and Viper Exchange is in the works, details to follow soon!

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds awesome! I did some karting in Norway and took 1st place agianst the local competition!!! I dedicated the win to the Viper club back home...even wore my Viper T-shirt to represent :)

Looking forward to the next event Kurt, I am sure it will be fantastic!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang