VEC IAT Question

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to log the IAT when running a log session. Is the stock IAT signal being sent to the Vec3? According to the Vec3 manual, the "Viper IAT (F or C) displays the intake air temperature (when connected) that the stock sensor is reading.". I assume this indicates that the Vec3 doesn't receive an IAT input unless I wire it into one of the Vec3 analog inputs. Is this correct? What's the best way to hook up the stock IAT to the Vec3?

By the way, I'm going to have lot's of Vec3 questions...as much as I like to talk to Sean and Dave at Roe Racing, I wonder if it makes sense to create a Vec3 area here under tuning so we can capture Vec questions in place? According to Roe Racing, the Vec3's have been selling like hotcakes and I'm sure I'm not alone in trying to learn everything I can about these units.

Thanks,
- Tony

D

DAMN YANKEE

Hey Tony,

Looks like you are really on your way! Your stock PCM already has an IAT sensor feed and the VEC3 requires NO additional connections to utlize that voltage sensor's reading. Its the very same IAT sensor on your stock air cleaner (you disconnected it momentarily when installing your Super Charger (step #2, first page!). The VEC3 receives the stock PCM IAT feed and then goes about manipulating it as specified by one's own set-up. Also, Steve pointed out that I once refered to the IAT as utilizing Ambient temperature and was concerned that that wasn't the whole story, well...as usual... Steve is correct... it isn't just using the ambient "outside" air temps but rather the air box temps PLUS your engine heat soak effect on top of that.

Many of us are working out the acutal new AIT settings to use in the VEC3 software now. It appears that the best settings are somewhat larger than the "4.9 to -7.5" default settings.

Lastly, this IS the VEC3 area so keep the posts coming! Selling like hot cakes...eh? Hmmm.....

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Daniel,

This would the be the VIPER_IAT_F sensor input in the Vec3? If so, mine shows a constant 160 degree temp in my logs. By the time I got to logging yesterday my engine was fairly heat soaked and I imagine the air box soaked in a bit of heat. I'll try again today with the cold engine and see if my temps change a bit.

Thanks,
- Tony

D

DAMN YANKEE

Correct, let me know what you find.

The VEC3 calcs using IAT are the last thing done to the new calc fuel pulses before the injectors.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456