VEC....WOW

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some difference! I recently installed the VEC in my car that a friend gave me when he found that his super-car was to far advanced for the VEC. But, I should say that my friend, the anal nut that he is, helped me with the installation and it came out great.

But WOW. I'm like a kid going fast all over again. The responce when your right foot goes down is sick. I've done the exhaust, hi flo cats, tubes & K&N's, and nothing felt a difference like the VEC from Sean Roe.

Can't wait to test it out on the track at VOI instead of the Taconic State Parkway, or Route 84.

AC

S

SUN RA KAT

I'm very happy with mine, too. My settings are +12/-20. What are yours?

OP
OP
A

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My adjustments are fine according to what the instructions say it should be set for cars with Stock cams. +12, -20 sounds right but I think I might be at -16 or -18 I don't remember.

As for the installation process. NO. Not difficult, but takes time. Lots of wire splicing. With the right connectors it is easy, but you want to set aside about 2-3 hours to do it right.

I suggest it to anyone with a stock computer. That was the probelm with my friend's car. He said that it didn't work well with his different computer.

Andrew

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try the vec1 with a TOOFAST NOS kit and you'll be buying stock in diapers
laugh.gif

Viperoctane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How can you set it at +12 and -20 ??

I took my car to the dyno and when ever we set the high past the 0 towards the - on the high the car runs lean and we start hearing pinging from the engine. The best settings on my car were +10 on the Low and 0 on the High. Other than that on the high and the car runs lean. With +10 and 0 I gained 5hp and 10tq to the wheels.

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The gasoline probably had a lot to do with it.
Each car can be different, but most are about the same.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960