VEC1 before & after dyno graphs overlaid

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The dyno graph below is from a 1996 GTS belonging to FL Johnny GTS . In pull # 2, the calibrator was set at 0/0, a pass through setting that does not alter air / fuel ratio or timing advance from stock. In pull #4, the VEC1 is adjusted to alter the air / fuel ratio and timing advance for increased throttle response on the street and more top end power, which can be seen on the dyno pull.
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The 1996 and newer OBDII systems seem to learn pretty quickly. The PCM will relearn and compensate for idle, but does not correct our adjustments at off idle conditions. I've monitored spark and fuel curves after 1, 2, 4 and 6 weeks with unchanged VEC1 settings and still saw the same basic graphs for spark advance and air / fuel ratio. So far so good

Thanks for asking,

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Gary,

I haven't made any changes to the VEC1, still the same parts and function

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean,

How difficult is the VEC1 to set-up? I am specifically refering to the phrase "the VEC1 is adjusted". How would I know what to "adjust" it to?

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
The VEC-1 is adjusted by 2 rotary knobs. There is an air/fuel series of led's that indicate where things are. Like all blue led's mean you're way rich. simple to adjust.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth