Vendor Report Card

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I thought I would share my experiences with Viper vendors that I have dealt with:

PartsRack – I have bought a bunch of stuff here, they are consistently very prompt with delivery, for a guy who does all his work on the weekends, getting everything by Friday is vital. They always include a little surprise in the box, which is a splendid touch of customer service and you get the feeling JonB really cares. Great prices and can get most anything. I called JonB after he had just returned from VOI-8 and he was very short and curt with me. I wrote him a note expressing my discomfort with the form call, he promptly apologized. Best vendor award.

Snake-Oyl – my wife who knows nothing about cars bought all my Christmas presents here. She said they were extremely helpful, friendly and patient. I have since bought several more items and they were great.

MGW – great interior stuff, order online and it shows up in a couple of days

DC Performance – Bought my Super charger from Dan and he was great to work with. Knows his stuff.

Paxton – great supercharger, but missing parts. One of my most favorite add-ons. Make sure you inventory before you begin. They did get the replacement parts out ASAP

Final GTS – Nav unit,CD changer and Sirius work great and Dan responded back quick and got everything out fast, no missing parts

Roe Racing – I bought some super charger gages here, they sent the items out straight away

Viper Trim – nice things but pricey, prompt shipment.

R&J Distributing – Great emblems and misc stuff – they use PayPal and I hate pay PayPal so I had to send a check which made it a little inconvenient.

Archer Racing – had a bumpy start but John is very knowledgeable and I will buy from him again. Can’t wait to get the Motons installed.

DLM – have not bought anything with Doug but he is very knowledgeable and personable, willing to help even if he get no sale.

Overall, Viper vendors are an A+. I really enjoy working with them. They are informed and very friendly. My only complaint is there seems to be a rash of missing parts.

To vendors, things happen, mistakes get made, apologies are acceptable excuses are not. I am never impressed when a vendor says “we were swamped so we did not get it shipped”. I would much rather hear “we made a mistake, we are very sorry, we value you as a customer and therefore we are going to do . . . . to make it up to you.” That’s impressive. As a customer, I do not expect perfection, I do expect professionalism and a willingness to do what it takes to make it right.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks ViperGMC!

May I ask, When you say "there seems to be a rash of missing parts," are you refering to ordeals similar to your Paxton experience, or are you saying that there are parts which you would like to see brought to market which are currently not available?

If it is the latter, what would you like to see brought to market in the future?

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems you have not done too much with Roe racing so from someone who has done alot of business with Sean and Dave if I may add to that??

Roe racing gets an A+++++ from me, I have bought so many things from Roe racing and every single time Sean and Dave go well out of their way to make sure everything is just perfect, they really care about their customers.

Not to discredit anyone else on that list but it seems you just had the least expirence with Roe.

one more you HAVE TO add to that list is.......

Tators Dodge, Chuck is THE MAN always there to help you out with whatever you need, does great work and really cares about every person and ever car that goes in that place (or calls for that matter). I will NEVER take my car anywhere else.

Sorry to hijack I just thought your list could use a little more info.

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
"I called JonB after he had just returned from VOI-8 and he was very short and curt with me. I wrote him a note expressing my discomfort with the form call..."

Why on Earth people freak out over JonB's brevity is beyond me. I appreciate it. In fact, Jon, I would like you to reduce your verbiage when dealing with me. I want our future conversations to go something like this:

(phone rings at Parts Rack)

JonB: "Jon."
Me: "Brian."
JonB: "Need?"
Me: "Emblems."
JonB: "Done."

*click*

And two days later my stuff will be in the mailbox.

JonB is a great vendor, and some us us actually like his being curt.

As for Doug, while I'm not the cheerleader/brown noser that STUGOTS is for Roe/Tator (who are both excellent vendors), he went way, WAAAAAAAY out of his way to help me out before I ever took my car to DLM. Good guy. Of course, if after picking up my car from him on Feb 8 the engine explodes, I might change my opinion ;)

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brown noser you say lol

nah its just rare to have someone you can really rely on now of days and I just think if they are going that much out of their way they should at the every least be recognized for it, and what better place then here.

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will second the praise for Jon B at Parts Rack.

I buy tons of stuff from internet based companies, not just for my Viper, but everything from tools to toys to books, to clothes.

I've not dealt with anyone more customer oriented than Jon B. at Parts Rack. He's got a wealth of information about the products he sells, and has given me lots of free advice. He sells at very competitive prices, and he makes absolutely certain that the customer is happy. Can't ask for much more from any vendor. I've bought a lot of Viper goodies from Jon B., and he is my go-to guy when my Viper needs something new.

Kudos also to MGW, Archer, and Final GTS. I've had good experiences with them also.

Kai

ARMORGOD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MGW - Awesome stuff and service

Paxton - Great product. Also had some minor parts that were missing, but nothing that a quick trip to the local car parts store couldn't fix.

Parts Rack - Well... probably best to avoid comment.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Nice comments and well spoken. I will say that we have had very few problems with parts from Paxton,and to their credit, the two issues we did have they overnighted the parts. This is the kind of service Dealers , as well as consumers appreciate in the long run. Always good to hear a constructive, positive comment on folks out there dealing with Viper Products , as it is a small community and most everyone does try very hard. :2tu:

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I must say that I enjoy the opportunity to do business with MOST of the above mentioned fine "vendors"...BUT...let's not forget another IMPORTANT and UNUSUAL source of everything Viper related...from parts (OEM and aftermarket), books, upgrades, service, and VIPERS ...the GREAT FOLKS at WOODHOUSE !!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had pretty good luck with most of the Viper folks I've delt with! The first time I got off the phone with Jon B, I wanted to fly up there and kick him in the neck, but I've grown to appreciate him. He's always in a hurry, but I usually am too. He gets the stuff to me, and it's always right. He knows me on a first name basis now, and he even gave me a little coin at VOI.

Another place that I've been using lately in www.velocity-performance.com These guys were Viper owners and friends of mine before they became shop owners. They have a LOT of Viper parts and accessories that other folks don't carry. They're doing the Paxton on my car right now, along with a custom exhaust. I think as word spreads about them, their business will really take off! Great guys, AWESOME shop!!