Ventureshield & Thom Pettigrew Rock

Hayabusa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thom did full hood, full fenders, rockers, mirrors, behind rear wheels, front end, and lights at my home this week. He was meticulous. The hood was a killer with all of the angles, tapers, openings and the stripes. Did I mention he did the job at my house? Great job, Thom, Thank you!

I've got to decide if I'm going after any cars before he comes through again in 4 - 6 weeks!

Home HTP Autoworks link with install pics

You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 76
  • Viper Wrap res.jpg
    Viper Wrap res.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words Rob. It was a pleasure meeting you and your family. Hopefully next time I come through it will be a little warmer... and you will have the Bellanger installed.

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how does it look where the white stripes are raised from the factory paint? Is there a bump there or did it actually blend smooth over it?

OP
OP
H

Hayabusa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Full hood and fenders because........ because they were there!!! :D

Truth is, I'd seen other film jobs in the past where the line across the front was a real distraction for me. For the price difference I figured I'd just go "total enclosure" and not worry plus get some extra protection.

I'm probably a bit paranoid because there's still a ton of pea gravel everywhere around here. Doesn't seem as though it'll ever go away. Hyper-aware because i also ride bikes.

The Ventureshield material is so good my worries were for naught. I would have been happy with the appearance if I'd gone the regular wrap route. I'm still pleased I went full wrap, just felt a bit bad because it was a lot of incremental effort on Thom's part to have it come out right.

Thom did a stellar job. As the moisture evaporates from under the film it is laying down right into the ledge along the stripes. Just pressing along the lines a bit with my thumbs as the film is curing, works like a charm. Doesn't "smooth" it, more conforms to it. He mentioned that, generally, the 08 and 09 cars have less of a pronounced difference between the height of the body paint and stripe paint than prior Gens, making his life a bit easier when doing these years.

Best,
Rob :usa:

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm quite sure it looks good but why the full hood?

I get a lot of people who prefer the full hood/fenders because of the lack of seem lines. Another reason is for some of these exotic multi stage colors today. SSG, Viper Orange, and a few of the other colors could be very difficult to match if you have to get it resprayed.

On a side note, I found out on this trip there are over 5 different shades of black for Chrysler. :omg: One ACR in particular had mirrors that were a different shade of black than the rest of the body. Not sure how that happened from the factory but in the sun light it was very noticable. :mad:

theviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also had a great experience with Thom. Thom, the Viper and Jeep SRT8 look great. I'm still waiting for it to get warmer so I can drive the Viper around and get some of the bubbles to settle, but the Jeep bubbles have gone, like you said! Thanks again!!

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice work Thom!
Make sure you let us know when you get back home to Sunny So Cal !

Hey Lance. How was the trip to Vegas? Hopefully the new tires didnt tear up your rockers too bad. I wish I could have had time to get the clear bra on for you before you left. Thats too pretty of a car to get all chipped up. :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62