"Very easy fix!#?"

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder what the heck happened to that car. Did someone's wife take a saws all to it because the husband looked at one too many ******* girl? Looks like they have most of the parts and as long as there is no underlying frame damage most of that stuff just bolts on. Paint needed of course.

jk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like the cats caught fire in the side sills, then they cut out the burnt areas. The seller says it was collision damage, but it is pretty strange places to get hit.

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with you man. There is NO SUCH thing as a VERY easy fix...if that were the case, and if it were VERY easy, then the current owner would get it fixed since it is VERY easy...LOL

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a couple of side sills, door and front left fender. If there is no frame damage, it would be a very easy fix. To make it worht while, you would need to get it for $44K.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Looks like the cats caught fire in the side sills, then they cut out the burnt areas. The seller says it was collision damage, but it is pretty strange places to get hit.

Ditto... probably one of the affected "fuel injector" cars... injector went static and cooked the cat. Expect engine damage, or at least a premature engine rebuild in its future.

viperjim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a couple of side sills, door and front left fender. If there is no frame damage, it would be a very easy fix. To make it worht while, you would need to get it for $44K.

No matter what price you get it for it is still a Salvage Title. That is pretty much the kiss of death when trying to sell the car later.
Plus, why would they total the car if it was an easy fix? The insuance company would have slapped it back together instead of totalling it if it was cheaper.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I know - it's my old car and I was putting on a new cat-back exhaust and I didn't want to read the instructions very carefully. When it said to remove the side sills, I grabbed the sawzall without thinking...