[vid] Street GTS vs Porsche 997 GT3 RS Cup

Heysie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HERE is an onboard video of a Porsche GT3 RS driving on the Nurburg ring in Germany.
At 6:44 you will see a Viper GTS in front of him. It's not a racecar as the Porsche, but the Zakspeed Viperjet, probably with a passenger. See wat happens.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What was wrong with the Viper? He out accelerated the Porsche, but he eventually pulled off and slowed down. Blue smoke and Black smoke, something was broken. Was that a WRX that left the Porsche in the dust soooo easy?

Ted

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Zakspeed Vipers who are racing the 24 H of the Nurburgring are V8's. They had to cut off 2 cylinders. The red Viper in the video is the Viper-jet. Zakspeed – The Motorsport Company

I dont know if you mean actually physically cut off but from my reading it was explained that its still the same V10 just with two cylinders deactivated.....That is the only way the BMW/Porsches could compete with it....I remember hearing about a race at the Ring a few years back where the Zakspeed Viper with its full 10 cylinders at the time was embarrassing the Germans on there own soil....they setup bogus infractions to force it in the pits for stop and go nonsence...Dont rmemeber if it ended up winning that race.....

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know if you mean actually physically cut off but from my reading it was explained that its still the same V10 just with two cylinders deactivated.....That is the only way the BMW/Porsches could compete with it....I remember hearing about a race at the Ring a few years back where the Zakspeed Viper with its full 10 cylinders at the time was embarrassing the Germans on there own soil....they setup bogus infractions to force it in the pits for stop and go nonsence...Dont rmemeber if it ended up winning that race.....

Just like the drifting crybabies when the Viper was kicking everyone's @$$. There will always be complainers. If you can't beat em... change the rules. :rolleyes:

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When it comes to making power, not much can hang with a viper.

Port the heads add a 3" exhaust system, tune, (on a 708cam) 550+rwhp can be had. My setup is almost that and it makes 565rwhp tuned for 91.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456