[VIDEO] ACR vs. GTR on the strip

JackDud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, heres the video - [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t3gRXU2rRE[/media]

Now I wanted to see what you guys had to say about this. I was SHOCKED to see the viper take off on the GTR like that on the launch! The GTR must have had a bad start (even with all that fancy gadgetry?) but either way, extremely impressive launch and driving by the ACR owner!

Also, if you look closely, it appears that the GTR driver hits the brakes long before crossing the finish :dunno:

Essential, this video probably means nothing, or is poor evidence on the viper vs GTR comparison (let's leave that to the 'Ring) because of the seemingly poor driving on the GTRs part, but it's still fun to look at these two beasts face off in such a raw environment. So I'm trying to be as unbiased as possible here and give the GTR the benefit of the doubt (OMG VIPER DEMOLISHED IT OMGOMGOG VIPER RULEZzZZ!!!11!!:headbang: ) <- Had to get that in somehow.

So what do you guys think? You all seem to be far more analytical than me.

While I'm at it, check this out too - [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgCNpaiptmQ[/media] I wonder how the gallardo would have faired against an 08 coupe with no huge wing =P Is this ACR owner a member here?

NYC SNAKE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The newer GT-R's have the launch control set to a lower RPM to save the drivetrain. It seems as though the GT-R wasn't even using a the lanch control, more like a soft power brake if anything. He def got the brakes at the end, 11.6@104 that's a really low trap speed. He probably did that to keep himself from getting kicked off the track. Most tracks have need a cage and or firesuit once you break the 11.50 or faster rule. Those suckers can be made really fast with just a tune/filter/midpipe combo. The ACR did come out of the hole pretty nice the first run, it's just so **** compared to the mellow looking GT-R. ACR FTW!!

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the second video, the ACR pulled a 11.16 at 129. That was a great run and knocking on the door of 10's :2tu:

Last edited:

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It appeared to be two equally mediocre scrubs, therefore a fair race. I was surprised that the GTR stayed that close once they got out. Neither driver got out of the hole well, especially the GTR driver, who must have been on his cell phone having ********* at the time that the lights turned green.

The Lambo vs. Viper was far more entertaining. Even when the Lambo jumped out first (2nd race), it got mowed down like the effeminate euro junkpile that it is. Glorious!

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the second video, the ACR pulled a 11.16 at 129. That was a great run and knocking on the door of 10's :2tu:

Now now....watch what you say about knocking on 10's! You and I both know that Vipers can't run in the 10's.:D:D There will be someone posting here that will tell us all about it!!!!!!!

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Now now....watch what you say about knocking on 10's! You and I both know that Vipers can't run in the 10's.:D:D There will be someone posting here that will tell us all about it!!!!!!!

Yes they can..BUT only if driven by some guy with a girls 1st name.;)

7-LITRE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been out of the loop for quite a few seasons but that looks like a serious sandbag by the GTR guy. His 60' obviously took a couple minutes, then he reeled him, only to hit the brakes and pull the same ET? I wouldn't be surprised if that was a Switzer P700 package. That being said, after seeing this i wish i had a SRT coupe instead of my vert:(

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was driving the ACR, the GT-R driver is a friend of mine, his car is modified.... he was warned about going too quick, so he hit the brakes... that was my first time at the track with the ACR, so it took a few shakedown runs to getting the launch down.... I've run 11.02 @ 129 MPH with a 1.71 60' time on the stock tires....

the LP560-4 is my neighbors car, I blew out the tires on the 2nd run, so he got a decent jump, I flew by him at the end.... he traded it for a LP640, we'll see how he does with that one... :)

Alexarz, it's easy to talk smack from the sidelines.....

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was driving the ACR, the GT-R driver is a friend of mine, his car is modified.... he was warned about going too quick, so he hit the brakes... that was my first time at the track with the ACR, so it took a few shakedown runs to getting the launch down.... I've run 11.02 @ 129 MPH with a 1.71 60' time on the stock tires....

the LP560-4 is my neighbors car, I blew out the tires on the 2nd run, so he got a decent jump, I flew by him at the end.... he traded it for a LP640, we'll see how he does with that one... :)

Great :drive: & Awesome #s for the first time out with the car!! :2tu: Any mods on the ACR?

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why was he warned about going to quick but the viper wasnt?

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to look at the dates, the first set of runs were bone stock, the latter I had headers/exhaust......

good question, don't know why they gave him a hard time.... they never said anything to me, in either the ACR or GT-R when I was running 11 flat in both cars.... :)

Why was he warned about going to quick but the viper wasnt?

Great :drive: & Awesome #s for the first time out with the car!! :2tu: Any mods on the ACR?

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Don't get all defensive, for I did not know it was you. Besides, even you admit that you did not take off well on those races. I would hardly call me a "sidelines" guy since I raced motocross for some 6 years. It takes a hell of a lot more balls to race motocross than to flip through gears in a straight line for 11 seconds in the comfort of a car. Drag racing a road course car is nothing more than automotive miniature golf.

Most people who drag race Vipers seem to stumble coming off the line. The Viper is lacking low end and has tall gearing to make things even worse. It is not at all an ideal drag car.

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
motocross? like I said, easy to talk smack from the sidelines.... I take my cars to the drag strip and road courses regularly.... any of the cars/drivers in those videos would most likely beat you, but that wouldn't happen since you just polish you car.....

Don't get all defensive, for I did not know it was you. Besides, even you admit that you did not take off well on those races. I would hardly call me a "sidelines" guy since I raced motocross for some 6 years. It takes a hell of a lot more balls to race motocross than to flip through gears in a straight line for 11 seconds in the comfort of a car. Drag racing a road course car is nothing more than automotive miniature golf.

Most people who drag race Vipers seem to stumble coming off the line. The Viper is lacking low end and has tall gearing to make things even worse. It is not at all an ideal drag car.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

motocross? like I said, easy to talk smack from the sidelines.... I take my cars to the drag strip and road courses regularly.... any of the cars/drivers in those videos would most likely beat you, but that wouldn't happen since you just polish you car.....

Guys....can we kindly refocus this thread? It would be greatly appreciated. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4