[VIDEO] GTS Twin Turbo goes down.... Is this anyone here?

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah that's Manny's Dlm SC Viper, not TT!!!! He had some problems and basically just limped to the finish line :smirk:

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. You beat a car that broke. :rolleyes:

Seriously, the Z06 is one of my favorite cars (excluding the Viper). But on the rare occasion I read the Corvette boards, it is just a bunch of F'in tools. Just another reason to be happy I own a Viper.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The guy who posted that is a fricking idiot...what the hell is he thinking? Why is he bragging? He basically raced a park Viper...someone should post manny's race against the bikes in that thread..that will shut the idiot up.

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
In McRat's (the guy who was driving the truck) defense, he posted this bit in the thread:

Let's get real for a minute. NO Viper will lose to a 1-ton pickup under the right conditions.

But what WAS odd, was that I raced 3 Vipers with the truck, and beat all of them to the 1/8th mile beams. The Twin Turbo was the only one I beat to the finish. The other two came FLYING by me at mach III at about 2/3rd's down the track.

So he's not one of these freaks who actually believes the Viper is slow. He's just having fun with his fluke victory over what is normally one of the fastest Vipers in the country. Most, if not all of us would do the same.

When Manny gets his problem sorted out, the results will be MUCH different, as we all have seen in the motorcycle races.

AlbertFattal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those LS2 boys are quite an aggressive breed. They also happen to spell bad, have bad grammar and take every possible win to their advantage, including ones not to be proud of, like winning to a "Handicapped Viper" as stated.

Custom Builder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a tool for even putting that truck on the track in the first place. I would rather lose in a viper than be seen driving a vette or god forbid a friggen Trans Am. That site is funny as hell. Bunch of guys proping up their $200 per month pos crap boxes. I remember when R&T did a test on the new Trans Am a few years ago the tester said he wanted to tape a notebook to the drivers window so people couldn't see him driving it. I love it when they call people trolls, shoot that is a troll site. Nothing like a loser fly by when the other guy isn't even racing.

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
McRat is a good guy. He's a die-hard racer and just happy to beat a Viper. He didn't do any harm. And unless things have changed, he really can't even comprehend what Manny's car would do to him (his truck or Z06) as he is green to big power. You have to remember, 400 rwhp is a BIG DEAL on the Vette sites so they have a hard time with understanding traction, passing on the big end of the track, roll-ons, etc. Just a whole different mindset over there.

No harm, no foul.

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was hilarious! Any footage of Qualcomm drags is welcome. Maybe next time it'll be me SPANKIN someone there!

:)

Take it easy, guys. You're making it look like all Viper owners have a complex. Good times. :2tu:

OP
OP
M

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think some of you guys are blowing it out of proportion. He never said his truck was faster just stating his truck beat the Viper. You can make excuses but no doubt about it the car Viper lost broken or not. If this was a street race with $$$ on the line, Manny would have to pay up.

I don't think anyone is foolish enough to think that truck is faster, although I have seen some fast Lightnings out there. :eek:

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oops. On not-so-closer inspection, that's not the Q :) Fontana?

That was hilarious! Any footage of Qualcomm drags is welcome. Maybe next time it'll be me SPANKIN someone there!

:)

Take it easy, guys. You're making it look like all Viper owners have a complex. Good times. :2tu:

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I made 3 runs that day, all of them with problems. The 1st run, the car felt like it was running out of fuel once the RPM's got past about 4,000 and the car started lurching and hesistating and falling on it's face. John from West Coast Viper was there and changed all my plugs for me and then I went for a 2nd run -- same results, so I coasted through. Later on I noticed the knob on the Vec was not correct and thought that was the ticket, went back out, and sure enough, same problem. Boost guage never got past 8 pounds and felt slower than my stock viper -- something wrong with the blower or the fuel system it looks like.

I'm sure John at West Coast Viper (where the car is right now) will figure it out. Doug Levin will be calling him this week as well. Thanks Doug, and thanks John!

It's Willow Springs International Raceway day after tomorrow --- road racing... Woooo hoooooo!

-Manny

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dunno what it is Gerald. I hope it's a cheap sensor and not something expensive. I'll find out later this week probably.

-Manny

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave