Video of my 209 mph Texas Mile pass!

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is an in-car and on-car collage of videos, taken from my best pass on Saturday at the Texas Mile.

177.3 mph (Half mile marker)
209.3 mph (One mile)

You must be registered for see images attach

Are there any other supercharged Vipers that have run over 200 in a standing mile event yet? I know plenty of turbo cars have, but I couldn't find any other supercharged examples. Mine ran 206.9 mph without nitrous, on Friday afternoon. 205.3 mph without nitrous on Saturday morning. This 209.3 mph pass was with the 100 hp shot added.

VIDEO: http://youtu.be/lHUwltKg9vo

Tony

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Great vid. I want to get my built paxton car there someday... I just wanted to hit 200 but looking at yours should not be a problem. How did it feel at that speed?

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations. Well done. Is your fifth gear .74 or .80? It seemed like it might be .74. You may have a few more MPH available with a change to .8.

Here is an in-car and on-car collage of videos, taken from my best pass on Saturday at the Texas Mile.

177.3 mph (Half mile marker)
209.3 mph (One mile)

Are there any other supercharged Vipers that have run over 200 in a standing mile event yet? I know plenty of turbo cars have, but I couldn't find any other supercharged examples. Mine ran 206.9 mph without nitrous, on Friday afternoon. 205.3 mph without nitrous on Saturday morning. This 209.3 mph pass was with the 100 hp shot added.

http://youtu.be/lHUwltKg9vo

Tony

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is that youtube's "stabilazation" fix making the camera seem like it's jumping all over the place, or was it really that bumpy? I made the mistake of letting them "fix" my clip once before and it make it look like some drunk guy was sitting the car and holding the camera.

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great vid. I want to get my built paxton car there someday... I just wanted to hit 200 but looking at yours should not be a problem. How did it feel at that speed?

Car is very stable at those speeds. Steering is nice and tight. Track surface was just bumpy.

Congratulations. Well done. Is your fifth gear .74 or .80? It seemed like it might be .74. You may have a few more MPH available with a change to .8.

My car has a TR6060 with modified 5th and 6th ratios. From Dodge's 2013 Viper test car program. 5th (0.80 vs. 0.74) and 6th (0.63 vs. 0.50)

Here is a link to my build thread:

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/652567-Paxton-Supercharged-2006-Coupe-Build-Thread

Is that youtube's "stabilazation" fix making the camera seem like it's jumping all over the place, or was it really that bumpy? I made the mistake of letting them "fix" my clip once before and it make it look like some drunk guy was sitting the car and holding the camera.

It was really that bumpy, and my Viper rides like crap. I've got a set of KW coil-overs to install, that will help a little. You can hear my tires breaking loose over some of those bumps.

Tony

F

FrgMstr

That track gets pretty rough towards the end, especially once you cross the final timeline. Shutting down is the most dangerous part out there.

Big congrats on your pass, that is friggin awesome. Maybe one day I will have the balls to throw the money at 200+.

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very, very cool - thanks for sharing. I know you have the horsepower - but did you need to shift into 6th gear?

Definitely. I was at red line in 5th, it only goes up to 202 mph in 5th gear at 6200 rpm. I was shifting into 6th at around the 3/4 mile marker. You can see my shift light come on, it is set at 6000 rpm. When I react to it, I'm shifting at 6200-6250 rpm.

Tony

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very awesome runs Tony. That 177 mph by the half mile is very very quick. I had originally planned to go spectate on Saturday, but some conflict arose early that morning and I was not able to make it. However, I did go out Sunday and actually participated too. More details on another thread (don't wan to hijack your thread).

Once, congrats on the very awesome runs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte