[Video] SRT-10 vs Stock C6 Z06 vs Blown Stang vs C5 Z06

OP
OP
M

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, the host site stinks! I had to pause to let the video buffer. I would have downloaded but did not see how.

I agree I could only watch it w/ the small screen. :(

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the first race between the Viper and the 04' Vette i think the Vette got the jump, because in the last race between the Viper and the 04' vette the Viper spanked him. BUT the 06" Vette spanked them all. OUCH

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just remember the post was made by Chevy427 (aka Mopar426) who has never had a good thing to say about the SRT. Just more piling it on (and posting the same thing in multiple threads here).

OP
OP
M

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just remember the post was made by Chevy427 (aka Mopar426) who has never had a good thing to say about the SRT. Just more piling it on (and posting the same thing in multiple threads here).

That's right it's a conspiracy, I mean the Viper lost so it had to be rigged right??

Next you'll be telling me if a stock Gen III Viper loses to a liter bike the Viper owner was a piss poor driver!

Damn why can't some of you just accept that there is always someone faster. Be it a faster car, better driver, etc.

I thought it was a fairly good video and I don't own any make or model car in the video, but I'm biased?? Ok...

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Read the 568 posts you have made. I would bet over 500 are pro Chevy Corvette. Heaping more on does nothing for me.

And yes, I do own them and know how they compare. Between good drivers they are within a car length from at the speeds shown. Anything more is a display of poor drivers.

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still think the SRT-10 is a bada$$ Viper and i don't own one. But i'll give it to the 06' Vette its impressive. I'd much rather have the Viper though.

I agree, like I said, they should be about a dead heat. Either the Vette was not stock as stated or the Viper had issues.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cant wait to run a new Z. No excuse for the Viper. It got pulled during acceleration pretty bad. So unless the driver didnt have it floored, there was no excuse to get beat that bad,.

The Z is a strong car and I think based on weight and aerodynamics it will outrun a Viper at speed stock vs stock.

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me clear things up here. I'm the driver of the Z06 in that video, and although I have full confidence my car is faster than an SRT, that guy had problems with his engine. He was not putting enough oil in it!!!

He ended up blowing the engine on the second run. I also am not sure if he "stays in it" I've run him several times, and it seems like after I start pulling on him he just drops back immediately. I can't prove that he isn't on it the whole time, but that's what I think is happening.

I also raced a modded '98 GTS with 445rwhp from a 25mph roll a bunch of times. I had worse traction than him, so he'd have about a half a car on me from the punch. But every race, by time I was getting to the top of 2nd gear at about 80mph (one time 90) I'd have a full car on him, and we both agreed I'd of probably started pulling even harder the faster we went.

Fadi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Though that driver was clueless, I don't agree that the two cars would be a "dead heat". The Z06 is the faster car, period. Viper owners just need to accept that. I have, and I don't care. Get the car you like and move on.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can tell you from experience and owning both cars that even an 04 z06 can and will beat a viper at any speed if the driver is not ready for it.

On the freeway its probably the worst example of them all, the z06's gearing makes the race a joke if the viper is not in a lower gear. Another member on this forum in his modded SRT got absolutly spanked every time he and I raced his SRT with exhaust/air intake vs my 04 z06(stock). So I can fully believe that video, but it does not mean the car is really that slow all it means is that the driver does not know the machine.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Russ hit it. Even with a roll on race the driver makes a huge difference. There are so many people out there that buy a high performance car, that don't have the first clue. For example, what gear to be in at what speed for the start? What is the best RPM to shift at (not always redline) and can vary from 1st to 5th? Shifting that takes .001 sec. vs. 1 second. etc... H*ll, a good 50+ percent of people I know that own high performance cars really don't know how to drive them. For many of them, it is there first stick shift believe it or not. As a matter of fact, I have only driven with a handful of people that could really drive a stick shift 'correctly' and 'quickly'. I'm sure many of you have friends/acquintances of this ilk. And for this reason, these internet videos really don't provide a whole lot of insight. That's why in one the SRT beats the C6 ZO6 and vice-versa in next weeks video. And then come the trolls that only post the one that goes in there cars/makes favor....

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me clear things up here. I'm the driver of the Z06 in that video, and although I have full confidence my car is faster than an SRT, that guy had problems with his engine. He was not putting enough oil in it!!!

He ended up blowing the engine on the second run. I also am not sure if he "stays in it" I've run him several times, and it seems like after I start pulling on him he just drops back immediately. I can't prove that he isn't on it the whole time, but that's what I think is happening.

I also raced a modded '98 GTS with 445rwhp from a 25mph roll a bunch of times. I had worse traction than him, so he'd have about a half a car on me from the punch. But every race, by time I was getting to the top of 2nd gear at about 80mph (one time 90) I'd have a full car on him, and we both agreed I'd of probably started pulling even harder the faster we went.

The numbers aren't adding up for me. If your Z beat a 98 GTS with 445 RWHP are you saying that the Z's RWHP is greater than 445? That means the Z looses less than 60 HP at the crank if its a stock 505HP. Something doesn't sound right. Especially if your pulling a full car on him. To put this into perspective you would need at least 500 RWHP to do that. The Viper only weighs around 100 pounds more that the Z.

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

The numbers aren't adding up for me. If your Z beat a 98 GTS with 445 RWHP are you saying that the Z's RWHP is greater than 445? That means the Z looses less than 60 HP at the crank if its a stock 505HP. Something doesn't sound right. Especially if your pulling a full car on him. To put this into perspective you would need at least 500 RWHP to do that. The Viper only weighs around 100 pounds more that the Z.

The Viper is much more than 100lbs heavier. I would say 250lbs at the bare minimum. With this kind of weight advantage and similar HP the Z should win. The fact that he pulled 1.5 cars on a 445rwhp GTS only going through 2nd gear is a bit hard to believe. There is no question the Z is faster but you would need tons more HP to pull that much in 2nd gear, I would say 100hp more. Now if you went through 3rd and 4th I am sure you would have some serious car lengths.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good video! Music was Fort Minor (Mike's solo album) and I did some work on that cd.

I like the quote in the shocked tone of voice from the camera man in the C6 when the viper was going against the C5 Z06, "The viper's winnin'?" lol that was great.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have watched two 06 ZO6's dyno, each with less than 500 miles on them and bone stock. Both cars put down 465+ HP to the rear wheels.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can tell you from experience and owning both cars that even an 04 z06 can and will beat a viper at any speed if the driver is not ready for it.

On the freeway its probably the worst example of them all, the z06's gearing makes the race a joke if the viper is not in a lower gear. Another member on this forum in his modded SRT got absolutly spanked every time he and I raced his SRT with exhaust/air intake vs my 04 z06(stock). So I can fully believe that video, but it does not mean the car is really that slow all it means is that the driver does not know the machine.

That was not me. I absolutely spanked the 2 Z06's that I found last fall. We did roll ons starting at 80 and I think he was a bit surprised that I spun the tires in 3rd from a roll on. Thank God for Paxton!

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have watched two 06 ZO6's dyno, each with less than 500 miles on them and bone stock. Both cars put down 465+ HP to the rear wheels.

So there's the answer to this: The 98 modded viper with only 445 RWHP and 200 to 300 pounds more than the lighter vette with more RWHP. Now its making more sense.

Midwest Muscle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would have to think the 3.42 final drive (Z06) is another factor against the Viper's 3.07

For those that have never changed to lower gears (higher numerically), it's hard to imagine it making that much difference. But it's night and day!

Mike M

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235