[VIDEO] Viper GTS vs Ferrari F355 shootout.. HOLY SH**!!!!!!

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doh!

That is the last place I would take a viper. They are not very forgiving in the corners. Up until that "one turn" he was kicking the ferraris but. Although 99% of racing is keeping the car on the road. So all in all the ferrari dominated.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah - that is on a local video sold here called High Octane vol 4.

The Ferrari starts in front along what looks to be a Californian moutain road. The Viper is right there waiting the chance and passes the 355, then easily holds its lead until he goes in too deep and the result is not friendly.

A friend did the exact same thing in his V12 E-Type Jag - braked too deep and shot off over the bank into the bushes.. with wifey aboard... not much damage as the tree canopy softened the landing - but wifey no likey doing freefall in car.

NatRT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was hoping the whole time I was watching the video that the Viper wouldn't go over the edge. Sure enough! DAMN, I bet he had to clean out the load in his pants after he hit the bottom 100 feet down. :eek:

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was psychadelic, and sometimes I got no video using Windows Media player. It played fine (both audio and video) with my DIVX player, though. So, it's probably a certain codec you need to watch the movie...

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that really *****.

for the people that can see it, its a viper and ferrari 355 racing and the viper drives off a cliff.

DOH!

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Driver locks the brakes up before going into a turn. Tries to steer left with the brakes locked but keeps going forward skidding right off the cliff. The GTS looks very familiar. 97 wheels and metallic candy apple red paint with white stripes. Almost like Roe's GTS but more like someone's avatar that was on here a lot a year or so back.

LIVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After the camera is off...

Location producer:
Uhhm..hi boss...uhhhm I know you said not to bother you unless it was really, really important...uhhm...do you know who in the office might have our insurance paperwork?

JDR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Viper GTS vs Ferrari F355 shootout.. HOLY SH**!!!!!!Faked_F355_vs_ViperGTS.wmv

As for my comments: GOOD FAKE!!!

1) The wrecked car does NOT have windshield lettering (if you look carefully from the inside driver's door shot, there's no lettering). Also, it's VERY suspicious that there's NO shot of the top of the car - I bet the car doesn't even have stripes, though they did get the rims correct.

2) The stripe left on the road is NOT from a Viper tire, right? (too narrow, and not enough lines).

3) The sound of them locking up the breaks seams too early.

4) The driver didn't even turn the wheel for the corner, he intentionally drove straight. My guess is frame-by-frame edit of a Viper sliding out on to a dirt shoulder with NO CLIFF, and then editing the two videos together. ...or or some other "trickery". And the wrecked car is just some video of a different Viper that went over the side... also the sun was almost directly overhead when the "accident" occurred, but then it's about three hours earlier (or later) when they video the car down the hill.

hmmmm :smirk: who ever *really* knows? Either way... it was "interesting".">

Here's a version any Windows system will play (the other required Divx): Faked_F355_vs_ViperGTS.wmv

As for my comments: GOOD FAKE!!!

1) The wrecked car does NOT have windshield lettering (if you look carefully from the inside driver's door shot, there's no lettering). Also, it's VERY suspicious that there's NO shot of the top of the car - I bet the car doesn't even have stripes, though they did get the rims correct.

2) The stripe left on the road is NOT from a Viper tire, right? (too narrow, and not enough lines).

3) The sound of them locking up the breaks seams too early.

4) The driver didn't even turn the wheel for the corner, he intentionally drove straight. My guess is frame-by-frame edit of a Viper sliding out on to a dirt shoulder with NO CLIFF, and then editing the two videos together. ...or or some other "trickery". And the wrecked car is just some video of a different Viper that went over the side... also the sun was almost directly overhead when the "accident" occurred, but then it's about three hours earlier (or later) when they video the car down the hill.

hmmmm :smirk: who ever *really* knows? Either way... it was "interesting".