VIPAIR™ Dyno Results on 99 RT 16 RWHP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last night we borrowed a close to stock 99RT10 and took it to the local dyno shop. The car has K&N filters and a borla cat back. The dyno runs were done with the hood closed, just as it is in everyday driving.

Baseline run the car did 371.9 RWHP and 419.9 RWTQ, 5 minutes later with the VIPAIR™ installed the car did 388.3 RWHP and 436.5 RWTQ an increase of about 16 RWHP and 16 RWTQ. While this result was exciting the best part was the drive home as the car felt like it had picked up an extra 50 RWHP, all the extra cold air was doing its job.

Last edited by a moderator:

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to state the obvious, but I have never seen a Viper with that low of dyno numbers, especially a 99 with exhaust(or was this a mustang dyno). I don't know much about this product and I see the pic did not show up.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ROFL,

You guys need to plug the 10th spark plug back in.

Let me guess still only 1 base run and only 1 run with the Viperair right?

It is not uncommon to see unusually low numbers on the initial pull. And then have them be consistent on the next 3.

So if I buy it and dyno results are nill you guys will buy it back at full refund? How about shipping/handling?

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to state the obvious, but I have never seen a Viper with that low of dyno numbers, especially a 99 with exhaust(or was this a mustang dyno). I don't know much about this product and I see the pic did not show up.

Uhm...what he said...Freakin stock GenI's dyno the same or better...Was there some type of Canadian 0.66 correction factor used???

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The before number is way off - but so is the after, so I guess it's the difference that is relevant.

Steve is a stand up guy all the way! If folks don't believe in the test, then you can't argue with the money back part if you're not satisfied. I'd love to see one of the skeptics buy one and test.. sounds like Steve is saying he'll take it back if the buyer isn't satisfied. Can't think what else he can offer.

ChrisXoxide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, what the hell.

I thought our cars dynoed with tubes and filters in the low 400s?

Even stock I thought was like 400+ , something 400+ atleast.

And wahts with the guy above, you dynoed 360 on an RT/10, sold it to buy GTS? Are you saying GTS is more power? Arent we similar in power?

Someone clear me up.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: VIPAIR™ Dyno Results on 99 RT 16 RWHP!!

Is this the product that is offered in different colors or am I thinking about something else,,,,,,cuz if it looks cool then that may be a different story.

Chris, the cars regardless of model will put down the same power. I think dwhitt was saying his RT was anemic for some reason and decided to put her out to pasture. Of course, sometimes if the person does not know how to dyno a car correctly the numners will be off as well.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score

1st off what the hell is it,2ndly (stand up guy or not isn't the issue).3rdly If you know vipers,you'd get a min of 5 dyno pulls(making sure the motors heat soaked)then throw on a dohiky.4thly My 10sec bone stock motor with only 150shot runs 10's all day.PS she dyno'd 370's to 384best with snake oyl sub and k&N.

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Is this the product that is offered in different colors or am I thinking about something else,,,,,,cuz if it looks cool then that may be a different story.

Chris, the cars regardless of model will put down the same power. I think dwhitt was saying his RT was anemic for some reason and decided to put her out to pasture. Of course, sometimes if the person does not know how to dyno a car correctly the numners will be off as well.

There are variances from car to car regardless of the model.Unless these motors were Balanced/Blueprinted from the factory which they are not they will vary.My 01 after breakin miles did less than 370, a week later we tore the motor down to build,in all reality the gen1s were closer to there advertised bhp and also very underated power wise.We are offering this product with a money back gaurantee and also a 35.00 rebate to the first 25 that show dyno results good or bad.This product will really win bragging rights on the track in MPH results,once you channel 100mph airflow properly great things happen.Besides it looks great(sorry poser in me :) )As said before in extended threads this is no breakthrough technology,this is been track proven for years with the vipers.Anyone that owns a gen3 or comp coupe open your hood and look at the underside there are two airflow scoops that flow directly from the facia to the air filters.Any gen3 owners can chime in with there findings.this was very succesfull for dodge in the wind tunnels.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

J DAWG - This 99 was dyno'd on a 248 dynojet, my SRT10 pulled 438 rwhp on the same Dyno.

RUSS M - the car had multiple pulls on it that night and the engine was fully heat soaked for all runs. I picked the car up at a local dealership at 6 pm drove it for a half hour to the dyno shop, did all the runs and had it back by 7:50 pm the vipair consitently performed with all runs timed the same between each run.

RUSS, yes if you order I will put my money where my mouth is and reimburse you for your shipping back to me if you do not like the vipair, the dyno only shows a small amount of the gain, i can guarantee you you will feel the seat of the pants difference with this thing, what color do you want the logo insert red, yellow, blue, black or silver?

Here is the dyno graph again if it doesn't show up it is also posted in the media gallery section.
You must be registered for see images

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So do you have a pic of the install. Wasn't there a topic a while back about this.

here's the dyno

286Vipairdyno.jpg

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

so these are them?

281moneymaker1.JPG

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

No, those are the prototype ones. The new plastic ones have a Vipair logo plate on the front.

Jdawg, you have a PM.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

J DAWG and TOOOFST,
See my post titled: NEED HELP WITH PICS PLEASE???VIPAIR PLASTIC PROTOTYPE INSTALLED! which I just BUMPED for you. :D

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks DEVILDOG, makes sense that it would work. Now I just need to know what color would look best or if they can be powdercoated to match my Sapphire and if I know Scott I am sure they can.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

wow, those numbers are WAY off... to the 'tune' of about 50-70 RWHP!!! What gives?
G

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

J DAWG - This 99 was dyno'd on a 248 dynojet, my SRT10 pulled 438 rwhp on the same Dyno.

RUSS M - the car had multiple pulls on it that night and the engine was fully heat soaked for all runs. I picked the car up at a local dealership at 6 pm drove it for a half hour to the dyno shop, did all the runs and had it back by 7:50 pm the vipair consitently performed with all runs timed the same between each run.

RUSS, yes if you order I will put my money where my mouth is and reimburse you for your shipping back to me if you do not like the vipair, the dyno only shows a small amount of the gain, i can guarantee you you will feel the seat of the pants difference with this thing, what color do you want the logo insert red, yellow, blue, black or silver?

Here is the dyno graph again if it doesn't show up it is also posted in the media gallery section.

Ok you got me, I will order one of these, and do dyno pulls before and after. I must warn you am not a believer and if results are as I expect the smack talk will fly on this forum.

I want a black one with no logo if possible, and will call you next week to place the order.

Now please fill me in as to exactly how you guys ran the test, I will replicate your conditions. How many fans? Low speed or high speed? Blowing in the facia?

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

RUSS M,

I think you will be suprised at the results and I wish you good lock in your testing, but don't set yourself up for failure as you can not with this product. I have received reports back from various people who have dyno tested this and the results have varied from 6.5 rwhp to almost 24 rwhp, I fully believe you will end up somewhere within this "zone"

As for the guarantee of lots of smack talk, hopefully we can all be act like adults and keep it civil.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score

1st off what the hell is it,

It's some kind of plastic air-diverter that causes/allows the engine to **** in cooler air from lower as opposed to radiator-heated air. At least that's what my understanding is

2ndly (stand up guy or not isn't the issue).

It kinda is... people are saying the results are BS, and Steve is offering a full money back guarantee. It's not like he's gonna take the money and disappear (since he is a stand up guy) and it's not like he's lying to hoodwink other owners (since he is a stand up guy).

3rdly If you know vipers,you'd get a min of 5 dyno pulls(making sure the motors heat soaked)then throw on a dohiky.

I would too - which is why I'm so interested to hear Russ's results, because he seems to be skeptical but willing to put that aside and try it out honestly, and also seems to have a very scientific test method.

4thly My 10sec bone stock motor with only 150shot runs 10's all day.PS she dyno'd 370's to 384best with snake oyl sub and k&N.

What kind of dyno? 248 dynojet or something like a Mustang dyno? My 98 dynoed at 415RW with just a straight pipe (similar to snake oyl but mine wasn't even mandrel bent)

370's to 384 seems real low - but I guess the 150 shot makes up for it and then some :)

fast?

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i can't comment on the vipair but the cold air intake system from elite is the shitz. my car used to run hot here in vegas but now it runs around 170-175 on the highway. thats even with a blower.

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i can't comment on the vipair but the cold air intake system from elite is the shitz. my car used to run hot here in vegas but now it runs around 170-175 on the highway. thats even with a blower.

Glad to hear all is well Trent.The system you have does utilize the vipair so you are good to go.Keep sin city looking good with that car

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So these are the pieces in ?

286Vipairgroupshot-med.JPG

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

I saw a pic of a Vipair installed on a car that also had the H M S airbox. From the looks of it, it appeared that the Vipair distributed the air in a wide output, feeding into the H M S airbox. If I am right about that, then what happens with a stock airbox? Do I need to upgrade the airbox? If not, then does the Vipair lose some of its input into the narrower stock box?

I haven't looked that closely at any of this, and could be completely wrong. What about it, Vipermed? Whats the skinny?

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The box you saw was a special fit for "Devil Dog"As we are now the exclusive distributor for the factory ten box we have designed a vipair for that and the factory (OEM)boxes. vipair is a perfect fit,designed specifically for each box

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

The box you saw was a special fit for "Devil Dog"As we are now the exclusive distributor for the factory ten box we have designed a vipair for that and the factory (OEM)boxes. vipair is a perfect fit,designed specifically for each box

Ahhh-haaa, I see. Very good! I'll be looking into it tomorrow, after my beauty sleep.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If that dyno graph that J DAWG posted is the real result, I'm saying that it will not give any SOTP feel. Trying to feel 16hp out of about 400 just isn't going to happen.

"the car felt like it had picked up an extra 50 RWHP"
When someone claims a SOTP gain and the dyno shows a small gain, I start to smell bs. If the dyno can't see it, you are sure not going to feel it.

If 16 extra hp is important to you and if this thing will give it to you, well, buy it.
But nobody can feel a 4% hp gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets