Viper Addiction Treatment Program - FI Boston - March 11th (read for details)

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Subtitle: New England takes on NY/CT - Winner takes all! :drive::drive::drive:

The Viper is in the garage all waxed up, and if you are tired of just looking at your car we have a treatment for you. A day of relaxation at F1 Boston is what you need. So come on out with your fellow NEVCA members for a good-ole kart racing. This year we are going about it a little different. We are planning on booking Sunday March 11th, if we get more people than past years we will move the date to March 18th. Plan to arrive for 12:00 at the latest. We will have lunch at the track, then head off for the Tech session from 1:00 to 1:30 and track time from 1:30 to 2:30 (possible later).

F1 Boston is located at 290 Wood Road in Braintree, MA, just south of Boston and just off Exit 6 on Route 128, near South Shore Mall.

What is F1 Kart Racing you ask? F1 Boston is an indoor kart racing facility that provides a genuine racing experience with all the challenge and adrenaline of the Viper cup. You’ll race against fellow viper members in a race engineered kart on a professional track layout. We will be driving the city course on track 1. If you have never done Kart Racing, I encourage you to attend. It’s a blast! You can also visit their website:
http://www.f1boston.comhttp://www.f1boston.com/

In the past few years we have had between 12 and 18 people attend. All of us were chasing Chuck Tator for the lead. I think I can speak for everyone; this event is a blast! The cost for this event is $85.00 per person this year, and that includes use of their Kart, Helmet, Fire Proof Suit, and Neck Brace.

The track will be set up as in previous years where we had a Mini Grand Prix 3-10 laps and a 12-15 lap final race. There will be trophies at stake here, 1st and 2nd place with a special trophy for the fastest time. YEAP. You should wear comfortable clothing when you come to the track (casual pants are recommended). NO open toe shoes allowed while racing.

This event requires that we pre-pay, so you must pay when you sign up. The NEVCA has a Pay Pal Account that can take your payment. Go to
www.paypal.comhttp://www.paypal.com/ , log in and send payment to [email protected] . If you don't have a registered PayPal account, follow their directions and sign up. It’s easy to set up an account. The deadline for signing up is February 26[SUP]th[/SUP][SUP][/SUP].

The club needs to have at least 12 members and/or guests attend who are over 18 years of age with a driver’s license. Please feel free to invite family or friends to participate in our event. We can’t control the weather, so once we commit to the date we are locked in. Knock on wood we have never had this event under any bad weather conditions. Just need to let everyone know up front.

Please reply back to this email, please include your

1) Name
2) Name of your guest (optional)

Let me know ASAP if you will be attending, so that we can make all the arrangements with F1 Boston. Again, we will plan on eating lunch at the track prior to the event. Whether you have been with us before, or this is your first event with us, this is a good way to spend an afternoon with fellow viper club members. It’s a fun day together, and a nice break from the long winter months. I hope you can make it.

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in, who else is going.
I'm in for lunch also.
Tell Chuck that trophy is staying in N.E. this year.

OP
OP
W

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update!

Only 5 spots left and this will be closed. Hurry or you'll be left out. I hear the trophies are measured in feet.

PS, this event is sponsored by Tator Garage!

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's Sunday evening, a week before F1 Boston and those that have signed up, just received an e-mail from rookie Joe that needed some corrections:
#1 > "1:30 - Race, race, race, and maybe race some more if you are good enough." Like Chuck & Kyle!
#2 > "Don't forget to leave room in the car for a trophy..." Chuck is driving a Minivan!

AND just a reminder, here's a quote from last year:

N.E. Winter Rendezvous

F1 Boston Sunday February 27, 2011

Hi Everyone
Today was a great day at F1 Boston. Everyone seemed to have a good time. We had 15 people show up to our Winter Rendezvous. Well out of 4 trophies that NE Viper Club brought to the event all ended up in NY except for 1. Dam!!! So Chuck Tator took 1st place, and also had the fastest time of 19.351 and Dave Couto had the 2nd fastest time of 19.531 (so close) Dam!!

Kyle Jones took 2nd place also from NY. Dam!! We also had a special trophy for our best first time event participant. Drum roll please. That went to Dominique Gravallese, what a trooper she is. She was in every race there was, and was definitely holding her own out on the track. Made us guys look bad. Congratulations to all the winners, great job. So here are the final standings.
1. Chuck Tator 19.351
2. Kyle Jones
3. David Couto
4. Dave Kenney
5. Daniel Hamel
6. Richard Desrosiers
7. Scott Tickler
8. Tom Gotta
9. Martin Distlebrink
10. Domique Gravallese
11. Mark Zarlenga
I would like to thank everyone for showing up this year. Enjoy.

Hey, here's the year before"

Here are the results from F1 Boston 2-28-2010.
1st place: Kyle Jones from NYC.
2nd Place: Steven Rei from New England.
3rd Place & Fastest time: Chuck Tator 19.572 thats almost 43MPH smokin fast!!!!!! Probably would of won but some idiot in a yelloh racing suit spun him out in turn 3. We all had a great time, Glenn says he might be a little sore in the morning. I would like to thank everyone who came out and supported our event today. And a special thanks to Chuck Tator and Kyle Jones who came down from NYC to attended our event. Thank You

Need I say more? :smirk:

SSGSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good news NE has all the trophy,s all of them. Chuck even tried to take out the leader. Great time can not wait till the season opener

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a Day!!! That was a great time, lots of close racing. The carts are tons of fun, and a lot of work getting them around the track. We had a nice showing of 11 drivers today, with some new faces to the club. I was happy to end up about mid pack after the final, there was no way I was going to be able to run down any of the front-runners (which Chuck reminded me of with a snarky little wave every time he passed me!) I am seriously excited for this coming years events, counting down the days to the spring opener. Below are some pics from today.

You must be registered for see images

A couple of us braved the still-not-quite-clean streets.

A Pre-Race shot of the Trophies.

F1 Car in the lobby.

The uphill battle.

Our Chariots Await.

Nice and technical.

Waiting for the First Place Winner!

NASCAR in Lobby.

Always imporant with this group!

Carts in Lobby.

Again...

Safety Briefing.

Safety Briefing

Track Manager explaining to everyone the best way to perform a PIT Maneuver on Chuck.

Track Map

Let the Red vs. Yellow battle commence!

Never a dull moment.

Best New Driver Lap Time: Ken Cormier - NEVCA

Third Place overall: David Coutu - NEVCA

Second Place overall: Dave Kenney - NEVCA

And Taking home the Big One - First Place overall: Scott Tickler - NEVCA

WooHoo! All the Trophy's came back to New England! I want to Thank Chuck Tator for providing the trophies and sponsoring the event, Always great to have your support!

:usa: Nick :usa:

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was a blast today at F1 Boston. Thanks to Scott Tickler the trophy stays in N.E. I hope Chuck had enough tissues for the ride home. Nice job with the pictures. Nick

dbrown3326

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: wow

It was a great time. I did not know what to expect, it turned out into a terrific day. Thanks for the planning.

Dennis