Viper CC v Vettes at NASA Champs Sep 11-13, 08!

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am excited to see that Tom Glenn is registered to run at NASA (Time Trial and ST1 class race) Champs this week at Mid-O. The defending TT champ is a nicely modded C5Z piloted by Danny Popp. Danny also holds the track record, (1:27.25) but he is in a new car this year I think. He might be beatable. The defending Group race champ is Chris Hall in a Radical. Good luck, Tom! :headbang:

Wish I was going to be there running with you. I qualified, but don't have a competitive car, so I am going to have to pass this year. Maybe next year. :dunno:

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tough competition in TT. I think Danny Popp did a 1.27.4 and there were several guys who turned in 1.28's. I think Tom's best was a 1.29 something (a great time, even if not a podium finish).

Stan Wilson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a very tough weekend due to the weather. It was beautiful on Thursday and the track was in great shape.

Friday the rains set in and stayed non-stop until late in the day on Saturday. It was miserable. 3+ inches of rain in 36 hours. The Evo won the ST2 class race in the rain and the rest of us fought to stay on the track.

Sunday was dry for the better half of the day. Dry setups went back on the cars and it looked like a great race as I had to watch from turn 11 after I lost my left rear tire to track debris from a lap one crash between two ST1 cars.

David Pintaric won the ST2 class in a Dodge Viper SRT-10. :2tu:

OP
OP
B

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya, due to the weather, I couldn't believe the times that some of the TT guys put up. Must have been just a few windows of opportunity, which is all it takes for some of these guys. They are awesome drivers. Cudos to David for the win in ST2! I am glad to hear that the Viper made a showing! That will give me something to bring up when the Vette guys are ribbing me next event. Sorry to hear about your misfortune, Stan. A lot of prep time and effort to have something like that happen, but that's racing. It should be dry at Miller next year! That will be fun! Maybe I will have a car worth towing out there! Stan, Your car looks awesome. You must have been a late entry...I didn't see you on the register. Did you also run TT? What is your best lap time at Mid-O?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadlick32