Viper Days at MAM

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, Jerry.

Those would be really nice pics if it weren't for the big COPYRIGHT plastered over every Viper in every picture. What's the point in taking nice pictures and sharing them if they're ruined by going psycho on the copyright?

That's really FOTKI'ed up. LOL

You must be registered for see images

JGViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dang...those are some really nice pics! I have to agree with Daffy Duck Viper though...the copywrite is a bit much. I understand though...I've seen some of my own photos stolen from my auctions and used in other peoples' auctions, as if it was their own photo! I would really like to have a set of those photos without the copywrite though...it would me by new screensaver!

OP
OP
D

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to use a small copyright statement in the corner of the picture for the photos I posted on the web. Unfortunately, too many people decided to simply crop them out of the photos and treat the pictures as their own.
Jerry

I can understand that, Jerry. But if you're not going to sell the pictures and have no plans to do anything with them but share them online, what does it matter if people use them? I can't even enjoy them the way they are, which *****, because I love to find great Viper pictures that I can put on my computer desktop and screensaver, and add them to my website so others can enjoy them, too.

Truly I understand where you're coming from if you plan on doing something substantial with the pics, and so you don't want anyone using them. But it ***** for us that like great pics. Heh-heh. So close, yet so far. *slump*

Understand, I'm not saying anything BAD about you. I'm just arguing from a I-want-to-enjoy-them-but-cannot stance. *grin*

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dang...those are some really nice pics! I have to agree with Daffy Duck Viper though...the copywrite is a bit much. I understand though...I've seen some of my own photos stolen from my auctions and used in other peoples' auctions, as if it was their own photo! I would really like to have a set of those photos without the copywrite though...it would me by new screensaver!

I agree. I'd love to use one as a screensaver.

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK- Birvini, how about a first timers report from ViperDays at Mid America? Hooked??????

Holy crap, what a blast!!!! How's that for a report?? :laugh:

I posted more in the events section. Great group of people, and some really great FEMALE drivers.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never copyright my photos anymore. If you are that concerned with it, just upload low-res pictures that would be difficult to "sell" if that was your worry (or make them smaller, like 500x500). Save your high-res photos for your business, assuming that is what you are using them for. Otherwise, enjoy when your picture shows up on other sites. I consider it flattering and could really care less, assuming it is not from one of my eBay auctions. I have had several people ask permission to use some of my SRT photos for their websites, newsletters - even business cards. Why should I deny them this simple pleasure?

Chris
20,000 photos and counting...

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really like the green. I also like the headlight look on the yellow car.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets