Viper Days Finals are at Daytona International Speedway!

3SRTsandGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think most of my internals are shifted 3 inches to the right from the high speed banks! I had a blast and I'm looking forward to NARRA for 2010.

Pictureman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few more. Jim Z's ZO6 at 150mph.

You must be registered for see images attach

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been to the Rolex 24 for the last several years and its awesome to see the pros driving the DPs hauling butt for all that time. Congrats to Ben Keating for winning the championship-again- and winning at Daytona. He got up to 180 mph. Heard a lot of people blew engines and trannies though. Plus a super fast Ferrari Challenge car blew a tire on the straights and spun numerous times but no damage. Should be another event there next year too.

OP
OP
D

Dave Scott

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PRESS RELEASE
10/29/09
For Immediate Release
Dave Scott
NARRA/Viper Days

Viper Days Hold 2009 Finals at Daytona International Speedway Oktoberfest, Viper Dominates the Racing Field
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida (October 25, 2009) - The North American Racing Association, LLC (NARRA), owner of Viper Days, Viper Racing League and Viper Challenge Series held their 2009 Finals at Daytona International Speedway October 23-25. In a joint race event with the Porsche BMW Owners Club (PBOC) at their annual Oktoberfest at Daytona International Speedway, the NARRA's season finale was a thriller with its Viper Racing League point competition decided in the last race of the weekend.

NARRA's National Champions, Ben Keating - GT-MC, Bernie Katz - GTC, Dave Mayzyck - GT1 and Kathy Stout - GT4 along with Most Improved Racer Tom Antonelli were honored Saturday evening at the annual award banquet presented by Morgan Stanley Smith Barney - The Lauterbach Moran Group.

Vipers dominated the combined racing field all weekend at Daytona with the following results. In Friday's 2 hour Enduro 13 Vipers dominated a race field of 38 cars with Glen Nixon, Russ Oasis, Bernie Katz, Eric Galerne and Nathan Stokey finishing 3, 5, 6, 12, and 15 respectively.
The pole for the weekend sprint racing was taken by Ben Keating with a 1:56.282. Following right behind were Glen Nixon - 2nd with a 1:57.816, Jim Stout - 3rd with a 1:57.952 and Russ Oasis - 4th with a 1:58.360. Eventually, Keating and Stout would get into the 1:54's.

In a field of 50 cars, 15 Vipers dominated the top 30 qualifying spots for the first sprint race. Ben Keating did not relinquish his pole position and took the checkered followed by top ten finishers Jim Stout - 2nd, Glenn Nixon - 3rd, Russ Oasis 4th, Steve Loudin 9th and Nate Stokey 10th.
The second Saturday sprint race was another battle between Ben Keating and Jim Stout but this time Jim Stout came out on top with a win followed by Ben Keating - 2nd, Glenn Nixon - 3rd, Russ Oasis - 4th, Adel Elsayed - 9th and Nate Stokey 10th.

Going into the last sprint race on Sunday Ben Keating held a slim 15 point lead over Jim Stout in the Viper Racing League GT-MC point race - a battle that had been going on all season. Keating held on for another win and as the smoke cleared from his celebratory burnout the Viper Racing League had its new 2009 Champion. Other top ten finishers were Glenn Nixon - 3rd, Ben Madey - 4th, Russ Oasis - 6th , Steve Loudin - 9th and Jim Stout - 10th.

With the championship coming down to the last race weekend, 2009 National Champion Ben Keating had nothing but praise for his fellow Viper racers and especially Jim Stout,
"I savor my National Championship but what I savor more are the great friends I have in this league. We are competitors on the track but that is tempered by our friendships and our league's gentleman style of racing. We are out here to have fun with our Vipers and we do a good job of that."
Bernie Katz and Jim Stout share Keating's view of racing in the Viper Racing League. Katz is from Richmond, Virginia and Stout is from Alliance, Ohio. Both of them travel all over the country to race in the Viper Racing League. Both also serve as instructors in the Viper Days education programs. "It's the racing and the people you race with" said Katz. "I get to meet Viper owners from all over the country. They are like family. When Viper Days shows up it is their opportunity to get the best instruction available." said Stout.

Most Improved Racer award recipient Tom Antonelli learned to drive Vipers in the Viper Days driver education programs and later became a National Champion in the Challenge Series. "Tom was always under the watchful eye of instructors and the racers in the Viper Racing League and this was his year to make the jump to full wheel to wheel racing" said John Tober, a racer/instructor and one of NARRA's Board Members "You do not get to the Viper Racing League until we believe you are ready and understand our style of racing. All of our racers have gone through the step by step progression through our Viper Days driver education and racing instruction programs." Tober said. "These guys are good. The lap times they posted at Daytona were within 4 seconds of the 2009 Rolex 24 GT Class pole. That speaks for the talent of our racers and the programs that provided their training." Tober added

The 2009 results for the Viper Racing League and the Challenge Series are:
Viper Racing League 2009 National Standings
GT-MC Class: - 1st Place Ben Keating 2,451 Points
2d Place Jim Stout 1,941 Points
2rd Place Ben Madey 982 Points
GT-C Class 1st Place Bernie Katz 1,646 Points
GT-1 Class 1st Place David Mayzyk 1,342 Points
GT-4 Class 1st Place Kathy Stout 1,594 Points

Challenge Series 2009 Standings
ACR Stock 1st Place Carl Kafarowski 2,340 Points
CC-Mod 1st Place Tom Antonelli 900 Points
PDS4 1st Place Tanya Mazyk 840 Points
2nd Place Bryn Tenney 820 Points
PDS8 1st Place Jim Zachaz 1,180 Points
SS 1st Place Mark Leszczynski 1,460 Points
UNL 1st Place Doug Nash 1,610 Points
Special 2009 awards were made to Karl Kafarowski - Most Improved in the Challenge Series, Larry Carter - Challenge series Safety Award and Dave Mayzyk - Viper Days Sportsmanship Award.
NARRA will announce the 2010 schedule shortly along with its line up of new and returning sponsors.

Viper Days, in its 17th year, is the premier venue for Viper driver education and racing instruction. Viper Days grass roots club racing and education program are designed to feature the Viper marque and reach out to Viper owners to teach them safe driving skills. Through NARRA these same programs are also offered to owners of other high performance cars. For more information on Viper Days, Viper Racing League, Challenge Series and other NARRA programs please contact David Scott or go to NARRAonline.com or ViperDays.com

David Scott, General Manager
North American Road Racing Association, LLC
Email: [email protected]