Viper Days @ Watkins Glen

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
Hey Jeff, was fun talking to you, and seeing you run good old Frankenstein around the track
smile.gif

Look forward to another time. (I'll bring a spare harness for you, just in case)

hehe

OP
OP
R

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
Still discussing that with the "Controller of Money", aka the wife.

I'll give ya a shout if I'm coming out. That's one hell of a haul for me, so I will most likely fly out (Viperless).

Cya

OP
OP
R

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
Hrmmm.... I think it might have been Sonny that had the exhaust system laying around....

Got an email addy for him by any chance?

Man I sound pathetic.

SAM Team

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill,

Great looking cars!!! I almost bought a Lamborgini before I bought my Viper, Iam very happy with my choice. I made it through the Glen in 2:16 and some change never got sideways in the chicane but turn one many times I used every inch of the track. Getting the car slowed down enough coming off the hill and making turn one will keep you attention, ask some of our friends they were not so lucky.... I found out (with Chris Berone instruction) if I stayed on the rumble strips in the chicane I could go through it very fast, but I needed all four sections.

What a great track!!!

Sonny 00 GTS ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Jeff,

I'm glad I could help with the ride to Buffalo, we had a godd ride home from there - it was a great night to fly! I'm glad you had fun at the track, you've got a terrific car. I assume that you'll be going to Tulsa, so I'll see you there.

Countach,

I ran a 2:07.245, Bernie Katz ran a 2:11.758, Jim Stout ran a 2:15.874, and Sam Kelly ran a 2:16.306, all on Hoosier D.O.T tires. All of the times for everyone at the track are posted at www.viperdays.com. I pulled my transponder for the last two sessions on Tuesday and threw on some Goodyear slicks and ran a 2:04.756. The most I was able to get for a top speed was 150 mph, but I have a stock motor.

Runnr,

I did'nt have an exhaust lying by my car - you must have been thinking of someone else. My E-Mail is [email protected]. I use Belanger headers and side pipes with no cats or mufflers. I ******** a muffler when I run at Lime Rock since they have a noise restriction there.

Alan,

Thanks for riding with me - I learned a lot from our time on the track - I'm just sorry you couldn't drive your car.

Sam,

It's always a pleasure running with you, you're going to do great at the finals! And thanks for showing my friend Joe your trailer.

I hope everybody is coming to the ViperDays Finals in Tulsa on November 2,3 & 4th.

Take care,
BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif

SAM Team

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sonny,

Thanks for your comments I was getting worried because I was not getting the speeds everyone else was getting even on my run at 2:16....I was worried I was going to have to throw my riders out, no way, to much fun with two!!!!

I am going to practice up on you guys at Kershaw the weekend before Tulsa. I am going to be running with the BMW Club, have you ever been there?

We are going to have to get a picture of you awesome Viper and rig and get Tony to post it with your signature....I will be glad to help with my digital when we are at Tulsa.

See ya my friend,

Mike H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually if you hit the front straight right it also is a 5th gear to a 4th gear downshift into the front turn then flat out 4th into turn 2, and 5th gear can be hit before you hit the rear straight and an easy 175mph before the chicane.

Mike H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brembo 4 piston up front with a custom water cooled setup as far as for brakes with 90 compond fronts and 83 compond rears. Also an upgraded master cylinder. Watkins can be intimidating, just got to be confident when running there, as their is no runoff for sure. Definitely keeps you on your toes.

Mike H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do 175 before the Chicane and brake HARD at the 400 ft. mark, not the 600 ft mark, and NO NOT 175 thru the Chicane...lol...
I think we met, countach at Pocono before, I am the guy who flew bye the two F-40's and that WC challenge Ferrari too, at over 165 MPH in the rear bank and left those cars in the infield at the Ferrari event there, then unfortunately blew a motor.
Looking forward to running again with the Ferrari boys, they were a fun group.

Sonny 00 GTS ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sam,

No I haven't been to Kershaw, what's it like? I've got a tuneup at LimeRock Park on the 26th (BMW club too).

I just got back from Pocono this weekend and had a great time. We ran the East course (very rough and bumpy) and the North course (a lot more fun). On Sunday a couple of guys showed up with TransAm cars and we had a pretty good run. One of them was brand new and could really move. I could stay with him through some of the corners but he got me on the oval section. My best time was about two seconds slower than the best I got for him. He ran a 53 flat and my best was a 55:07. It was great fun though. I had been there one other time with my stock GTS ACR when Chris Barone (ViperDays #3) rented the track - we had fun then too.

I'll see you in Tulsa!

Take care Sam,

BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif

Sonny 00 GTS ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff,

Thanks for the invitation! I will be flying in with Ted on Thursday, but my family is going to join us on Saturday and after the three day extravaganza I'll probably have to get home Sunday night or Monday morning. However, I really appreciate the offer. I know that you're a very generous person and I was happy to be able to help you because I know you do nice things for other people too. It was my pleasure.

See you at the finals!
BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif

SAM Team

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sonny,

You are not suppose to be practicing, how am I ever going to catch up???? Sounds like you maybe getting even faster reading between the lines in your note. I will have to tell Sean Roe he needs to teach me all the secrets in one day...I know very little about Kershaw but I am searching and asking....

I look forward to meeting your family in Tulsa.