Viper friendly dealers?

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where do you guys go for Warranty work in the ny metro area? I'm just curious, as I have an extented warranty and was wondering if it's completely useless!? I called my local dealer here in Yonker and they claimed they had a viper tech on board... Now how competent that tech I is another discussion on it own!:rolleyes:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's the huge unanswered question for New York area Viper owners.
I considered my car without a warranty as there is no one competent to fix it.
I'll never own another Viper till that's settled.

OP
OP
M

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice, I'm glad I payed ~$1800 for a useless piece of paper... Thank god for Tators!

Jog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's the exact same problem I have. I have an extended service plan on my Viper and the only way I've figured how to handle this problem is:

1- I first take my Viper to Chuck Tator and have him diagnosis the problem and explain to me the proper procedure of getting it fixed. I just wish he was authorized by Chysler to perform warranty repairs, but he isn't and that's a shame... :(

2-Now after being advised by Chuck on what my issue is and how to properly correct it. I then take my car to White Plains Dodge in Westchester County NY. They do have a certified Viper Tech. ( The Head Mechanic ) and he performs all the necessary warranty repairs on my car..

Normal routine maintenance for my car is performed by Chuck. Any warranty covered maintenance is performed by White Plains Dodge. I've been following this formula for about a year and haven't had any problems. For the most part I'm satisfied with the work at White Plains Dodge..though I'd rather take my car to Chuck Tator; I have to at least get my money's worth of the damn warranty I paid for. I know this isn't really the answer you were looking for, but it's the only one I've got. Let's just hope this issue is addressed with the new Viper.

OP
OP
M

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's the exact same problem I have. I have an extended service plan on my Viper and the only way I've figured how to handle this problem is:

1- I first take my Viper to Chuck Tator and have him diagnosis the problem and explain to me the proper procedure of getting it fixed. I just wish he was authorized by Chysler to perform warranty repairs, but he isn't and that's a shame... :(

2-Now after being advised by Chuck on what my issue is and how to properly correct it. I then take my car to White Plains Dodge in Westchester County NY. They do have a certified Viper Tech. ( The Head Mechanic ) and he performs all the necessary warranty repairs on my car..

Normal routine maintenance for my car is performed by Chuck. Any warranty covered maintenance is performed by White Plains Dodge. I've been following this formula for about a year and haven't had any problems. For the most part I'm satisfied with the work at White Plains Dodge..though I'd rather take my car to Chuck Tator; I have to at least get my money's worth of the damn warranty I paid for. I know this isn't really the answer you were looking for, but it's the only one I've got. Let's just hope this issue is addressed with the new Viper.

Central ave dodge claims they have a viper tech! Ever give them a shot? That's the thing, you basically have to babysit the tech and the dealer which is sad! Huh, sure I'm going to drop 120k on a new one and worry about the same thing for the life of the car :rolleyes:

Oilman1934

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This dealership thing is crazy, they have Tators who is the most amazing viper tech and dodge treats him like garbage . The only solution Is to buy them out of warranty! They can't sell 125000.00$ car with 25000.00 car service.

Jog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah...I tried talking to a service rep. At Central Ave Dodge and yes they do have a Viper Tech. But after talking with them for a while and asking a few basic questions; I wasn't confident in their techs actual experience with Vipers. I'm not saying that White Plains Dodge is the best; just saying.. locally..it's the better of the two...

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
... And I turned the car around one night to drive back to WP dodge and look at a 2008 coupe that was left outside overnight in the rain... Then the following day I went back with my car. The salesman asked me if I wanted to trade in my car for the 2008 - I said, not for one that sits out in the rain overnight. Three salesmen look at each other and say "I thought you put it away, no i thought you put it away, no i thought you put it away..."

Oilman1934

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's true they totaled that car out on a" test drive" right in front of my friend Pete a white plains cop from what I heard its still in court many years later!