Viper goes down.. Taken from the F-Body forum

jgfurr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ahhh... but the catch is the Viper driver stayed in 3rd the first two times, even when they ran from 40 mph. With poor driving like that, I'm not suprised by the outcome. Plus the TA was running a 4000 stall, which should keep him in his narrow powerband for those runs. Still a good run, but the Viper would have kept pulling waaaay past 130.

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That so called race seems suspect to me the f-body car has 320.5 rwhp the viper has 411 rwhp plus a ton more torque. The f-body is about the same weight so do the math it just does not add up. If the viper driver is running in the wrong gear that's his problem not the car, driver error will kill you every time. The driver lost not the car.

OP
OP
X

X

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know the car (f-body) and it should be quick, but this isnt my kill.. It doesnt matter if you spin, miss a gear, let off, a win is a win.. I wasnt there, so I cant speak for either person.. But I do have the license plate # of the viper..

"Blue Vert.".. I asked Edge Hawk about that and he said that it had a canvas top.. So I think he was refering to a RT-10..

X

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brad00GTS:
Does "blue vert" mean convertible? There were only 11 made, what are the chances?

Brad

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought it meant convertible too. And there are no Viper convertibles! Who was he racing? Does he even know?

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a blue rt10 with no stripes.. odd.. didnt they make only one of those in 97 for some big wig at dodge?

there are (were?) 53 97 blue with white stripe rt10s..

- eddie -

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
X my buddy has a 2002 Z-06 with headers, chip and head work it dyno 390 rwhp. My 2000GTS with headers, mopar computer, 3" exhaust dyno 441 rwhp and 481 rwtq, his car ran 118.70 mph and i can beat him hard all day long. It's not your car but the math doesn't change 100 more hp and 100 more rwtq with the same weight adds up to something a little fishy to me.

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
X i thought you are a racer, if you believe that crap buddy you are lost. Approximately 100 hp. more and at least the same amount of torque what does that tell you?????

OP
OP
X

X

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ron,

I understand that the Viper has 100 more rwhp, but rwhp isnt everything that you think it is.. The Peak #'s are important, but whats more important is the way the HP is made.. How it comes in thru the power range.. etc... From all my asking around.. (Viper tuners/Vette tuners), it requires about 70 more rwhp for a viper to run the same times as a vette.. Now an f-body with mods., typically can run a little quicker..

Ex. in a Vette i've seen one go 11.4 @ 119 mph.. in the 1/4 with only 390 rwhp.. F-bodies. a little faster..

How fast will a viper go with 390 rwhp???

Now as I stated, I wasnt there so I cant say if the viper was in the perfect gear, who got the kick..etc..

I know the 1/4 mile comparison doesnt apply here, since they didnt race 1/4 mile.. but its an example..

X

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
X, I am a f-body guy myself and as you said a win is a win...it means nothing though if the Viper driver was hosed up. Viper loses to a stock ls1 f-body.....bbbbbig deal...let him run another 99 Vipers and he will probably lose 99 times. Let us know when you have somthing news worthy. Tony

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by X:
ron,

The Peak #'s are important, but whats more important is the way the HP is made.. How it comes in thru the power range.. etc... From all my asking around.. (Viper tuners/Vette tuners), it requires about 70 more rwhp for a viper to run the same times as a vette..
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you on crack? So you're saying a Vette with 70hp less than a Viper (stock Viper = about 410RWHP, so a 340RWHP Vette) will run comparable ET and traps to a stock Viper? Step away from the crackpipe before you reply please
smile.gif
. A guy I raced had a 100 shot on his C5 with an exhaust and some of those other retardo-mods too (cut airbox, TB bypass, fan switch, chrome exhaust plate, neon door handles or whatever), and on a good run I can take him - ON SPRAY although it's neck and neck on the highway maybe he pulls a little sometimes. Without spray he's around 330RWHP and I can tell you - it ain't even close to being close.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
Ex. in a Vette i've seen one go 11.4 @ 119 mph.. in the 1/4 with only 390 rwhp.. F-bodies. a little faster..
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're saying an F-body with 390RWHP can run better than 11.4@119? Where, in dreamland?
smile.gif

How fast will a viper go with 390 rwhp???
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've gone 11.68 and 121mph with 414RWHP and 275lbs of driver

Now as I stated, I wasnt there so I cant say if the viper was in the perfect gear, who got the kick..etc..
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the story is BS... not because I'm in denial, but because I know the difference in power between these two cars... they aren't close at all. I bet you could take an f-body from 40mph in 3rd even if he dropped to 1st or 2nd. This was probably one of those "punch it and declare the win before he realizes we're racing".

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Ex. in a Vette i've seen one go 11.4 @ 119 mph.. in the 1/4 with only 390 rwhp.. F-bodies. a little faster..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

bs[1].gif
bs[1].gif
bs[1].gif

oops, you forgot to mention one small little thing, it's NOT stock! To run that time would require a set of slicks/skinnies & a high stall automatic tranny.

OP
OP
X

X

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys,

I'm not gonna argue with you about what a f-body can go.. If you want to know.. and dont believe go on an f-body board.. The Viper lost, whether he couldnt drive or what.. a win is a win..

All I'm sayin is that it requires more HP in a viper to go just as fast as a vette.. thats a fact.. All you would have to do is get out of your little viper world and open your eyes..

My dyno shows 389rwhp.. and I'd like to see a viper beat me..

Bugeater,

I live in Northern VA. I would love to race sometime and you might just get the chance.. I will be in V. Beach in august.. if you would like to make a pass..

X

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
X i am sorry but my buddy's Z0-6 which has more rwhp than yours 395 gets quite a beating from my 441rwhp and 481rwtq viper. That my is a fact, i live in Toronto and would love to accommodate your request if your car is putting out the rwhp you say 389rwhp His vette has ported heads, headers, airbox with k&n filters and computer update. He runs 12.00 at 118.70 in the 1/4 mile.

OP
OP
X

X

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron,

What does your 441rwhp car do in the 1/4??

Now let me school you about the Z-06 you are talking about.

1st. Its a stick shift and I have an auto.

2nd. As I stated earlier, its not the peak HP its how its made. ex.. if the z-06 is making 390 at 6600 and i'm making it at 5500, who do you think is going to pull harder?? Run better times??? Gears, stall, suspension all make a difference in how a car runs..

3rd. The z-06 ran 12.0 @ 118mph, 60' times makes a big difference in the the ET... Go to the C-5 board and look at some of the 440 rwhp cars running 11.0.(c5pig).. Where is a 440 rwhp viper running those times..

I'm not saying that vettes are better, i'm just backing up my words with proof... documentation...
http://204.0.73.225/Godspeed/Lists/C5%20Lists2.htm

X

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this a joke?

I used to race WS6's in my 1989 Mustang. At that time, the car made about 320-340 HP. Crate motor from Ford Motorsport. I think it weighed about 3,000 pounds, give or take. It was a 5-speed.

To make a long story short, I easily beat EVERY stock WS6's I raced. Easily...

I mean, you have got to be kidding. My Viper GTS would totally destroy my old Mustang. And I promise you would ANNIHILATE any stock WS6 or Fbody. I mean, come'on. Lets get real people. These cars are worlds apart in acceleration, and other performance areas as well.

The only way I can see it happening is if:

1.) The guy driving the Viper is the worst driver on the planet.

2.) He smokes the tires through first and second gears. Even then, he will scream past the guy by the before the 1/2 mile mark.

3.) He misses at least 1 shift. Would probably have to shift from 1'st to 4'th for it to be close.

Don't get me wrong, the Fbody's are great cars. Lotta bang for the buck. But comparing them to Viper's is ludicrous.

I think we should send some Civic rice over to the Fbody page, and tell them how they beat a WS6, or something like that.
laugh.gif

Let's stop the insanity....

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to say it so direct but those guys are lying or dreaming period. No stock vette or firebird etc can stick with our cars thats just the facts, paint it any way you want!!!

Trans Am WS6 420

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me point out a few things:

1) He never claimed to be stock, just stock motored. That means it is a bolt on car, with an admittedly large converter.

2) I have proposed a very simple solution. I have a stock motored automatic, making very similar power levels. Give me a stock Viper in South Florida, and we will try to recreate.

Personally, I don't think I could keep up from a roll. But from a stop.....

- Matt

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hawk i generally slip my clutch up to my power band whether its 3500 rpm or 4500 rpm and let the car lose. That is the advantage of a standard car if you can drive then properly your stall has no advantage over us controlling the clutch. The driver should be aware of his power level when racing, the car makes the power the driver controls how the power is delivered.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Edge Hawk,

You may know a lot about Fbodies, but you don't know squat about Vipers.

First of all, if you started at a 40 MPH roll, the Viper driver should have been in FIRST gear. We shift our Vipers with stock 3.07 gears at about 56 MPH into second. Second gear up to 84 before third gear. No wonder why you beat this fool. He must have nearly been stalling the darn car before he floored it! What an idiot!!!!! He was totally out of the power band. Sorry to burst your bubble...

Performance driving - shifting at redline

1st 0-56 MPH
2nd 57-84 MPH
3rd 85-113 MPH
4th 114-150 MPH
5th 151-204 MPH
6th 205-302 MPH ** Theoretically if enough HP was available.

Please pass this on to your friend - send him to driving school - then race him again. Not knowing how to drive your high-performance car should be a crime.
pissed.gif

Trans Am WS6 420

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One Rare -

I think you finally hit the nail on the head. Edge didn't come in here and say he can beat ANY viper. He said he beat THAT viper. The street is a crazy place. They don't test you on your speed to gear knowledge before they hand you the keys to the car you are driving, so it's quite possible that it happened. Don't get all pissy with Edge, it's not HIS fault the viper owner couldn't drive.
smile.gif

- Matt

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a tip for all you f-body viper wannabe's...sell you f-body now, while you still may be able to get $10K out of it...get two more jobs, skip lunch, whatever it takes...Put the $10K down on a viper...then you're DONE...no longer a wannabe...You won't have to make up outrageous kill stories, and most likely, you won't waste your octane or tire wear on f-bodies or rustangs...I don't...

Trans Am WS6 420

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Snake Bitten:
Here's a tip for all you f-body viper wannabe's...sell you f-body now, while you still may be able to get $10K out of it...get two more jobs, skip lunch, whatever it takes...Put the $10K down on a viper...then you're DONE...no longer a wannabe...You won't have to make up outrageous kill stories, and most likely, you won't waste your octane or tire wear on f-bodies or rustangs...I don't...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a question for you, Snake Bitten.

Does it bother you that much that my "wannabe" F-body will WALK YOU LIKE YOU'RE A CIVIC?

I swear, 99% of the people on this board are cool as hell, but there's always the one....

- Matt

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Trans Am WS6 420:
I have a question for you, Snake Bitten.
Does it bother you that much that my "wannabe" F-body will WALK YOU LIKE YOU'RE A CIVIC?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd be surprised if your f-body could walk a civic...you guys must get some good ****** down south...cause you are high, high, high...that comment was good for a chuckle though...gotta give you that...

Trans Am WS6 420

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad you're amused. I think you've been sniffing your viper's exhaust too long. You seem to think that your little 433rwhp "monster" (oh lord thats funny) is the king of the road. Well, Chief, I hate to be the one to break it to you, but 433rwhp won't even get you in the door in these parts. So tell you what, why don't you hurry up and trade that viper in for a CLUE. I have NEVER talked smack to anyone on this site beofre, because I was always treated with respect. But you seem to be nothing more than a stuck up, mis-informed troll.

- Matt

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Trans Am WS6 420:

Well, just so happens that I've got a stock motor auto LS-1 F-body. If any Vipers in the South Florida area care to try to recreate the run, I'm game.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have we raced before? I've raced quite a few f-bodies down here, but don't remember you. If your going to be around WPB sometime let me know (maybe your next SFFB meeting?). We can go motor V motor or spray V spray, your choice. One condition it's all on radial tires, no ET's or skinnies. Don't expect me to come on stock radials, while your sporting some ET streets & skinnies, lets be fair. Anyway no smack talk, anyone that knows me will tell you I don't care if I lose, it's part of the game
smile.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62