viper gurus please answer this rear bumper question

cujo200231

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I have been vinyl wrapping my srt vert and im going to be applying the stripes as soon as the car is done. I was looking at pictures of stripes and I noticed that on some on the verts that the lower center section of the bumper is blacked out. I thought maybe it was something they started in 08, but then i saw some with the colored rear bumper and no black.
so then I thought perhaps it was a striped car thing, nope. ive seen non striped ones with it black too. Was this just a random thing similar to the "viper" and "dodge" lettering on the side and bumper of the car or is there a reason for this?

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My understanding was that cars with "factory" stripes had the blacked out area in the rear bumper. Non-striped cars had a body colored rear bumper area.
If you've seen non-stripe cars with the blacked out area, that puts what's I've heard in the "wrong" column.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My understanding was that cars with "factory" stripes had the blacked out area in the rear bumper. Non-striped cars had a body colored rear bumper area.
If you've seen non-stripe cars with the blacked out area, that puts what's I've heard in the "wrong" column.

Striped cars got blacked out, many owners have modified their cars to add the blackout which is why you may have seen them.

What these gentlemen said. They blacked out the diffuser because they deemed it too difficult to try and paint stripes through that area.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard this reasoning too, however, true or not, I think it looks much better with the lower section painted black. Had they striped that section, it would have looked horrible, IMO.
What these gentlemen said. They blacked out the diffuser because they deemed it too difficult to try and paint stripes through that area.

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like said earlier the stripe cars come with it blacked out but some like me choose to black out their non striped cars for a much better look.

You must be registered for see images attach