VIPER NATION HONORS THE 9/11 VICTIMS AND HEROS

Vipergtsbob

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Today at approx 8 AM, vipers from 3 Regions and 7 States converged on Ground Zero on a preplanned "Respect Cruise" for the victims and First Responders who died on 9/11. We dedicated our day and event to Port Authority Police Lt. Bob Cirri, who perished while aiding civilians to escape the crashing towers around him. His widow,Eileen, a NJ VCA member, followed his long standing dream and purchased the viper he wanted to acquire but for his courageous death. We also raised a significant amount of charitable funding which was provided in hand to a needy family of a another deceased 9/11 fallen officer.

With the cause identified, Law Enforcement Officials, after hearing of the NJVCA purpose allowed our members and their vipers to drive though the Lincoln tunnel with a police ******, and drive to Ground Zero where we observed some of the touching rememberances first hand. It was an emotional and powerful day for all.

Special thanks must go out to NJVCA Leadership Committeemen Bobby Cerchione who personally organized this event and worked tirelessly to make it the sensitive and respectful event it became. Other club members, Tom Roeller, Chris "the King" Saul, Donna K, made special efforts to work with Bobby to enable the success we all enjoyed. A special note to the many members of the other regions (and especially Dave Dugal and his New England Crew) who all travelled a great distance to participate in this very, very special day. Dino and the crew at Frankie and Johnnies are also to be commended for a great lunch and personal service. Your establishment is both Viper Friendly and outstanding to boot!!! Finally, special respect and thanks to the Port Authority Police Department and the New York Police Dept. who all facilitated our unique access and trip. Your dedication to the memories of your fallen brothers set a standard for all of America to aspire to.

One final thought. Our Vipers unite all of us in a special common interest. What is especially great about our club is the caring and respect we all have for our country. Maybe its the Viper being an Icon of American Auto Industry that triggers the loyal and patriotic feelings we seen to all possess. While I have attended dozens of Viper events all over the US, few, if any could duplicate the emotions that ran through my thinking today. We are truly blessed with having the opportunity in our short lives to own a vehicle which brings us such pleasure. More importantly, what other vehicle in automobile history, has ever served as such a catalyst for such charitable and unselfish giving by it's owners to such worthy causes. All of the considerable efforts VCA officers and members make to assure the success of these type of events are, without question, worth every hour we dedicate to same. A Viper is only a compliation of fiberglass, plastic, steel and various composites all assembled by dedicated workers. But it stands for what is best in America; A tangible product that is American Made, by Americans,for Americans to enable Americans to help other Americans.

One last item. Please pray for, and Help if you can, our brothers and sisters in the Louisaina, Miss, Alabama region. They are in a desparate situation and our Country must rise to their needs.

God Bless all.

Bob Carroll
New Jersey VCA President
National Treasurer

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob: I am rather shocked that no one has posted under this thread yet. If I had known of the ground zero cruise, I seriously would have rented a trailor and joined you. Locally we took home-made cookies to our local fire and police dept. Not a viper event, just appreciative citizens. I had my car out all day as "my symbol" of patriotism, and wish I could have done more. My hat is off to you "New England" guys for planning your cruise. Bravo :usa:

www.HonorFlight93.org