Viper Owner NEEDS HELP in Pittsburgh

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys,

A member on the boards contacted me looking for help with his car. He is trying to make it back to Chicago and is having either rear-end problems or a bad wheel bearing (grinding from rear). He is in Johnstown now.

I don't use any of the local dealerships. Any of you have a trusted "Tech" in the area. I though Rege used someone in Cranberry?

Thanks

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
Ian, thanks much for posting this and also sending me some search results. I was doing the same searching for tech comments.

I went from IL to FL and now in PA [Johnstown], and as I got closer I started hearing a grinding noise from the rear at slow speeds and left hand turns. I did have to go through some rough road with gravel due to construction on my way here. Did some search and found that it could either be the parking brake, wheel bearings or diff. Hence, need advice on who I can take it to locally here in the Pittsburgh area [Pittsburgh is 70 miles from Johnstown].

Thanks in advance.

Anil.

OP
OP
S

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ian, thanks much for posting this and also sending me some search results. I was doing the same searching for tech comments.

I went from IL to FL and now in PA [Johnstown], and as I got closer I started hearing a grinding noise from the rear at slow speeds and left hand turns. I did have to go through some rough road with gravel due to construction on my way here. Did some search and found that it could either be the parking brake, wheel bearings or diff. Hence, need advice on who I can take it to locally here in the Pittsburgh area [Pittsburgh is 70 miles from Johnstown].

Thanks in advance.

Anil.

You're welcome. I can always try to look at it or give you my opinion, but I would have no replacement parts on hand.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish I could help out, I don't think Rege frequents the forum very much, and I think Brian takes his car to Tator for service. I am not familiar enough with the Pittsburgh area. I don't know if Courtesy Dodge in Altoona has a Viper tech or not, if they do I don't have any first hand knowledge of their skills

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
I called all of them around the area - they are either out on vacation or do not have viper techs anymore. I am going to take my chance with Dynamics Service Center, someone suggested that here, although no one had heard about that. Called them and apparently they have two vipers gettting work done in their shop currently. Will go there first thing in the am.

Thanks all.

A

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
Back on the road [all 4 wheel bearing replaced] - thank you all for your help, especially 'Simms'. Much appreciated.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to see you were able to get it taken care of. Thanks Ian for taking care of a fellow Viper owner:2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave