Viper owners must be rich ?

intense5.5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I Know right where your coming from. I drive a 93 Ford Ranger everyday. If 98% of those people where thrifty with there money they could own one too.

'93? You rich guys and your new cars:rolaugh:'88 Toyota pick-up DD,148,000 miles and still runs perfect.And although I've got a newer Durango,it gets such crap mileage I hardly drive it.
As far as the Viper,tell people it's a kit car if having them say your rich bothers you.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you dont have to be rich...

used rt10 gen1..25K

used rt10 gen2 1997...30K

used GTS 1996...33K

used srt10 2003...40K

used coupe 2006...49K

used srt10 2008...62K

Honestly I bought a 2001 Navigator brand new off the show room floor back in 2000 for 60K after all the options..

My 99 rt10 was 40K back in 2006 and my first 2003 SRT10 was 54K back in 2007...

Dont have to be "rich" to own a Viper.." but I do keep the origional window sticker in the glove box to remind my self that it's a 83K car when brand new.....

While we are on the subject..Ive seen a few Early 2000 Ferrari 360's for sale for only 80K....Looks amazing and unless it was itting rewside a F430 no one would know the differance..

So If I dropped 80K for a F360 would I be considered rich????? " only If I could afford the maintanance..he he he "

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
'93? You rich guys and your new cars:rolaugh:'88 Toyota pick-up DD,148,000 miles and still runs perfect.And although I've got a newer Durango,it gets such crap mileage I hardly drive it.
As far as the Viper,tell people it's a kit car if having them say your rich bothers you.

Funny you say that, i sold my 82 Yota to get the Ranger. I Loved that Toyota, it had just over 100k and was from Cally. Rust free, just wished it was 4x4, my wife hated that truck. Oh by the way the Ranger has 2 tone purple stripes on the side, so I'm back in the lead. :D(Side note it was my dads truck and he was killed in a motorcycle accident. So I sold the Toyota to buy the Ranger off my mom. I personally wouldn't go shopping for a purple striped truck)

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Ah lik the way ownin a Vipur makes peepul think i kin rede n writ.

from cleetus

a yuk! :)

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am far from rich, have the 2003srt and a 2007 ZO6,i'm just a car guy nut who could care less what people think. Some dude mentioned having a ton of money the other day, i laughed and told him, i just got laid off. What can you do. Live for today. Tomorrow may never come.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get it all the time. I've only seen one other Viper in town. I usually just let them think what they want to, but I do always try to be nice because the car is easily recognizable and I wouldn't want somebody to mess with it while it's parked somewhere. It doesn't get driven to work, but if the weather is nice, it goes pretty much everywhere else.
I actually love when younger kids (high school and under) ask me if it's ok if they take a picture. 99% of the time I'll get out of the car and ask them if they want me to take a picture with them in it. The look on their face is totally worth it.

WIth prices being what they are, you definitely don't have to be rich to own one, but we might get caught in our own little world here. Being able to buy a 30, 40, 50k, etc car as a "toy" to play with does put you well above what the vast majority of people can even think of doing.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am far from rich, have the 2003srt and a 2007 ZO6,i'm just a car guy nut who could care less what people think. Some dude mentioned having a ton of money the other day, i laughed and told him, i just got laid off. What can you do. Live for today. Tomorrow may never come.

Yep, that's how I'm trying to live. I mean, ya gotta pay the bills first (and some months, it's tight, let me tell you). But, still need to enjoy life.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is it people think just because you own a Viper you must be rich? I have only had my Viper for about a month now. Most of the people that know me say "good for you", but others act like you had to rob a bank to own it. Most of these people have high dollar toys of their own that they work hard to have. I could have bought a new mustang for almost the same money, and no one would have though anything. I know they "look" like a million bucks. I have had a few ask what I paid, and I just say you can find nice ones under 40 grand if you look. Most are shocked how affordable they are. Sorry for ranting but I'm sure every one gets this all the time I'm just new to the game.

I get the exact same thing all the time. Most times people think my 96 is a brand new one. It's kinda flattering that people think I'm a millionaire when I tell them what I do for work and the fact alone that I drive a Viper, but in reality you are right, considering a brand new corvette would cost more then most Gen II Vipers or at least around the same.

Unfortunately I've had someone ask me before if my car was a Corvette :(

On the other hand, I also had someone who thought my car was a Ferrari :D

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I paid about the same for my Viper as I did for my SRT8 Charger new 3 years ago. I paid more for my Ram new in 04 than I did for my Viper (and now a NEW Ram 3500 now runs 60K!!!), but people don't bat an eye when you drive a truck. It's the "all sports cars are expensive" mentality, I think.

Let people think what they want, I don't care. I just love driving my car!

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at a neighborhood BBQ the other day and one of the neighbors points out to me rather randomly that another neighbor who wasn't at the BBQ and lives just up the street from me just bought a brand new silver corvette like a month after I got my car... So I just look at her like what's that got to do with me... Fortuneately I do have some neighbors that appreciate the signficance of a GTS but all this is like the furthest thing from my mind when I fire up that v10 and shake their houses when I go by all the same... :stick::D

I get the exact same thing all the time. Most times people think my 96 is a brand new one. It's kinda flattering that people think I'm a millionaire when I tell them what I do for work and the fact alone that I drive a Viper, but in reality you are right, considering a brand new corvette would cost more then most Gen II Vipers or at least around the same.

Unfortunately I've had someone ask me before if my car was a Corvette :(

On the other hand, I also had someone who thought my car was a Ferrari :D

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of my moments of laughter was hearing my 11 year-old neice describe me to her friends "remember, the rich uncle with all the cars?". I tried explaining to her what rich, wealthy and untouchable meant....she still didn't get it. I'll try again in a few years.

Regards,
Aaron

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You obviously don't need to be rich to buy a Viper... It's a toy and when people see that you have one they figure you have money to burn. My buddy's vice is way more expensive and I don't consider him to be rich... His Viking has twin Detroit 671s and there are twin 275 gallon tanks... A canyon run can really run up the the per lb price of the fish we catch.:rolleyes: The Henriques next to his Viking is his uncles boat and it's bigger, faster and more pricey. He gets cheap mooring though but then again he owns the marina... The power and the sound is very impressive when you open up the engines sitting up there in the flybridge...

You must be registered for see images

mach4444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All you rich people make me sick.
wasting your money like that.
How do you sleep at night?

Want to feel better about yourself?
Want to free yourself from the guilt?
send some of your cash to me so I can quit work and donate all my time to my viper addiction.
you'll feel good, I'll feel good - it's a win win situation.

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Guy who used to own my boat has a 42' Outerlimits now. One engine w/blower alone is 85k .People only notice a boat when it fires up. A Viper just sitting looks like going a 100mph so gets noticed real quick.
Video of the twin 1550HP Sterlings .If you like rumble ,turn up the speakers.:) [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-0ImeDz40c[/media]

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Break Out Another Thousand or Ten

Guy who used to own my boat has a 42' Outerlimits now. One engine w/blower alone is 85k .People only notice a boat when it fires up. A Viper just sitting looks like going a 100mph so gets noticed real quick.
Video of the twin 1550HP Sterlings .If you like rumble ,turn up the speakers.:) [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-0ImeDz40c[/media]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets