Viper Racing League at Putnam Park Aug 8-10

CT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Viper Racers-

Viper Days and the Viper Racing League will be at Putnam Park, which is southwest of Indianapolis, August 8-10.

We hope this will be another sold out Putnam Park event in 2008!!

You are more than welcome to come out and spectate the races all weekend!

Hope to see you all there!

Viper Days, Inc.

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those who might be unfamiliar with Putnam park, this track is one of the safest tracks the Viper Racing League visits. We usualy have 25 + race cars at this event. It isone of the mostfun tracks in the midwest so come out and bring your street car or your race car and play with the Viper Racing League. It is an experience you will not soon forget. If you have any questions about the VRL give send me a PM orgive me a call.

Steve Loudin

0260in3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The guy with the new ACR was Seth Palatnik. I heard the car was handling great but he ended up having some tire issues and didn't last the weekend.

Both Ben Keating and Jim Stout beat the previous VRL track record by almost 2 seconds.

Putnam is an awesome track!

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1.Ben Keating1st GT-MC1:11.7952.Jim Stout2nd GT-MC1:11.839 (Dayum good times! I heard the weather was about perfect.)
Seth Palatnik1:17.446
ACR flat spot the tires?

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually the following day the ILL. Club was at Autobanh CC near Joilet,IL. I was there with my CC #007, we had 4 ACR's there, 2 were ILL. Club members and the 3rd was none other than Ralph Gilles. Ralph ended up beating my time by about 3.5 seconds. I think he changed tires to VRL spec Hooziers or similar. We were told last winter at CTC that the ACR off the show room floor will typicaly be 2-3 seconds slower on the same track with the same driver than a stock VRL Comp Coupe, but put slicks on the ACR and it will be 2-3 seconds faster than a VRL Comp Coupe. That day was a perfect example. I certianly do not mind being beaten by a street car especially when the driver is Ralph Gilles.

For reference Ben Keating and Jim Stout are driving World Challenge versions of the CC with all the additional down force bodywork,additionally their cars are equiped with the new Endurance Plus engine from McCallrin(sp?) which adds another 50-60 HP over the stock engine. By the way Tom Athertons time (stock VRL CC) was 1:14:032, mine was 1:15:348