Viper Trade In

cphud57

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Recently Ive thought about trading in my 2006 vert. It is in perfect condition, in fact just serviced by Woodhouse. Tons of extras, Paxton, BB exhaust, Katskins and on and on. I was considering a Hellcat or a Challenger with the scat pack.

I took the Viper to a local Dodge Dealership and was looking at the Challengers and the salesman was looking at the Viper. The sales manager comes out and I told him how much I was wanting for the Viper and was interested in a Challenger. He then pretty much point blank tells me that while he was willing to take a look at the Viper, he wasn't all that much interested in taking it in trade. I asked him why and he said it wasn't just my Viper, its any Viper even though mine looked "nice". He told me the last Viper he had sat on the lot for a long time and he said the Viper is a "dead car". His exact words. I got very annoyed and left.

Oddly enough, I took it to a local Mercedes dealership and they were very excited about taking it and offered me exactly what I was asking. Pretty bad, Mercedes wants it but the a dealership of the manufacturer doesn't want it and calls it a "dead car".

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
I'll bet the same conversation at Woodhouse would have resulted in a very different conversation

98RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Must have sat on the lot for a long time because they wanted stupid money for it. All the market priced cars I've run into have sold pretty quickly. Only ones sitting seem to be ones with stories or way over market price.

SAABseanSCANIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Must have sat on the lot for a long time because they wanted stupid money for it. All the market priced cars I've run into have sold pretty quickly. Only ones sitting seem to be ones with stories or way over market price.

Bingo. Probably had it advertised 10K over market with terms like "SUPER rare!" in the description.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Heh, give us a call , sure we can help you out. Surprised you did not call us as we have done over 50 Hellcats, and have four being built or incoming, plus we have a Black Hellcat Charger in stock. Also have some Scatpacks , including a Shaker Scatpack in Billet Silver. You can always call my cell or email me......

402-677-5864 cell
[email protected]